Vango New Tents

Tents, Sleeping Bags, Oxygen Chambers...that kinda stuff
Africa John

Re: Vango New Tents

Post by Africa John »

Brads wrote:I bought the red one as well, cause I have around 5 bloody green tents
I had to hand my red one back to get the price match -10% Go Outdoors guarantee so I ended up with a green one for £116.05 as Outback Trading only had it in green at £128.95

Oh well I will be in a green Omega 350 with blue Vango tarp instead of a red tent

look out for me boys (thumbs)

John
dave j

Post by dave j »

Another vote for the Omega 350, Great tent for two people plus gear and big enough porch area to sit in (with 2 x Helinox chairs).

As others have mentioned here, I just don't see the point of putting your bike in the tent - just buy a cover (lots cheaper) and have more space in the tent.
KTM 1290 Super Adventure T - Power!
KTM 690 Enduro R - lighter to pick up
Husqvarna Svartpilen 401 - Fun.

Even our dogs are orange.

Only bikers understand why dogs put their heads out of car windows.
jackass dave

Post by jackass dave »

horses for coureses as they say but why on earth would you want a bike in your tent ,its a bike it gets wet it gets dirty leave it outside
twistmoto

Post by twistmoto »

Hi Guys

We distribute the Mototent in the UK. Some people that buy them never put their bike inside the porch, it's more that the tent is nearly 2 metres high (240x415x190) so it has its practical uses aside from a garage.

We all have our different needs of course so it's not right for everyone.

Anyway, we have them at £350 www.twistmoto.co.uk and if you PM I'll happily give you a 5% discount for being from ABR, we love the mag so.

Andy
Redmurty

Post by Redmurty »

Nice looking tent (thumbs)

cheers Spud ;)
Life... it's not a dress rehearsal

You don't waste time... you waste yourself
the enthusiast

Post by the enthusiast »

Hi There

Just used the "lone Rider Mototent for the first time this weekend gone. Its light and small when packed for its overall erected size. Impressive.
Its straightforward to put up but you need to have a go at home first . Not the best idea to erect it in the rain for the first time! Oh yeah you really need to practice putting it away in its bag ! Grrr Better people than me would probably do it easily but I resorted to foot stamping , rolling on the ground, crying and then with assistance got it in a 35L Ortlieb dry sack instead. Have now repacked it into its original compression bag in the comfort of home, I could probably do it better but i'm just gonna leave it in the Ortlieb when i'm out there. My mate had a Kayame Freelander and took about the same length of time to get all ready to put away. If it hadn't been for the bag bit........
Plenty of room for one and the headroom is very welcome for those of us who need to stand up in it and are 6ft + . Ventilation and door options are brilliant and was very welcome with the humid hot weekend we just had. I could get a through draught from back through the front and the bug screens kept the monsters out!
Its got a couple of tent hooks inside that were really useful for the lamp .
You have to use the guy lines , it won't stand without them and it gives it its rigidity. Pegs and poles are high quality aluminium, in fact its construction is very high quality in my opinion, zips, ties etc are all well sown in.
Its rained heavily one night ( Er so i'm told, kinda over hydrated on isotonic Carlsberg) nothing leaked.
It was very breezy on the Friday and didn't seem to bother it either, guy lines stayed taught.
Overall , impressed. Wouldn't use the 'Garage area' for the bike myself, be a squeeze with it in there but the area is great for gear/ luggage/ camping stuff or sitting in looking out at the empire.

First time camping since I was 18 ! It was great, Ok, maybe not Great, need to do some comfort mods, pillows, Chair etc but overall very positive.
I paid £349 for the tent and I guess there are tents just as good cheaper but i'm happy with this and it looks like it will last the distance. Apparently if you need spare bits they are readily available.

Cheers
earthman

Post by earthman »

I've used an Omega 350 for motorcycle camping for a few years now, very happy with it in general, for the packed size/weight it offers a lot, myself & a mate have spent a fair bit of time sitting in the porch area, cooking etc when the weather's turned bad, we certainly wouldn't have fitted in his.

I like the look of this Turini tent, the inside height it offers is a bonus, I agree with the comment about the possibility of the bike falling over onto you,....never park a bike that close to any tent period. If you do happen to have to repair/work on a bike whilst in the field and it's tipping it down, this tent would come in really handy.
Throttled

Post by Throttled »

Andysr6 wrote:Am I the only one concerned that if the bike falls over during the night (heavy rain maybe) it may land on you?
Park it so it leans away from where you sleep. I love my Stelvio because of the extra head room, the sleeping part takes two with a handy porch at the side to take kit and the part for the bike can take a Versys with a top box (though screen and top box touch the sides) or lots of space for me.

YBR125 > KLE500 + KLE650 Versys Tourer
gland

Post by gland »

I have had the redverz for about 3yrs now. It has a door from bedroom into porch area and another at back. The porch area is huge and is perfect for sitting in if weather crap and cooking or holding a party had 8 people crammed in it before when weather turned crap at a rally.
bedroom has plenty of room for two plus some kit.
Never put my bike in it but didn't buy it for that. if you are getting creaky and have dodgy knees its great to be able to stand up in to dress etc.
Dead easy to erect on your own and have done so in all weathers. Easy to pack down and the bag it comes in is bigger then the tent so even when wet slides in easily. It isn't that big packed down compared with mates much smaller tents some were same size. Weighs a bit more but not noticeable on back of KaTooM.
I have used it in very heavy winds in Scotland and wales and it didn't budge or buckle. Its not showing any signs of wear yet either. Got the footprint with it just leave that in situ and same with bedroom. Drys out pretty quick as well.
As for bike falling over in it, never had a bike fall over out of it and with a camel toe (fnarr fnarr) cant see it being an issue.

Return to “TRAVEL GEAR”