Camping CHAIRS

Tents, Sleeping Bags, Oxygen Chambers...that kinda stuff
richardsracingmad

Re: Camping CHAIRS

Post by richardsracingmad »

I have the Gelert Butterfly chair....its marketed as a kids chair, but it is wide enough for adults...seems very similar to the chair on the original post, but it is only £8.99!!!!

http://www.caravanaccessories4u.co.uk/p ... rfly-chair
Sleepy

Post by Sleepy »

Just bought one of the 'Sunncamp' items, seems ideal, and half price at the moment..

with an A4 sheet
Barnman

Post by Barnman »

funny wrote:I use 2 of these www.caravangroup.co.uk/product_desc.php?id=4477
(well the wife has one) they pack up to around 14 inches by 3 inches and weigh in at arund 6 ounces ( if anyone is interested I can give you the correct sizes and weights).
They dismantle for travel and assemble for use,1 comment on these though is that they require a little fettling to enable them to assemble slickly.

Regards

Mike

Sorry to repeat this but I had my no grammar fingers on lol
Brilliant - just what I have been looking for - thanks for posting
Barnman

Post by Barnman »

Sleepy wrote:Just bought one of the 'Sunncamp' items, seems ideal, and half price at the moment..

with an A4 sheet
Seeing your pics, after reading funny description was very helpful - Helped confirm that it packs up small.....and best of all, will fit into my pannier - Credit card dinted again :laugh:
Tim Cullis

Post by Tim Cullis »

This is my 'Blue Peter' table and chair solution. The aluminium table fits inside the pannier and when installed allows the panniers to be opened/closed without disturbing the table. The 'chair' is a sit-mat with bits cut out for the luggage loops.

A fellow GSer made the table for nowt—it's basically a bit of 2mm alloy sheet with bent edges, the sit mat was kicking around in the attic. I made four really crude Z bits out of some alloy brackets to secure the table.

Tim
"For sheer delight there is nothing like altitude; it gives one the thrill of adventure
and enlarges the world in which you live," Irving Mather (1892-1966)

Access the Morocco Knowledgebase
Sleepy

Post by Sleepy »

Sleepy wrote:Just bought one of the 'Sunncamp' items, seems ideal, and half price at the moment..

with an A4 sheet
If anyone has bought one of these I would advise a slight 'modification'with some jubilee clips.. see photo, the plastic started to split after using the chair this weekend, other than that, I'm pleased with it. Plus I can use it inside my tent for reading in the evening...
Image[/url][/img]
rlkat

Post by rlkat »

VersysRider wrote:Ill give you a million quid if you can get this to fold down to a reasonable size to pack on a motorbike :P

Tripod stool it is for me really!
VersysRider, write that check out.
All you have to do is set fire to it, sweep up the ashes and stick 'em in a plastic bag. You didn't say anything about re-assembling it. :)

rob
I've no idea how to add a signature.
davsato

Post by davsato »

i will always make room for my cheap supermarket folding chair. its long jim, but not as we know it. its not as long as the bike is wide so no probs.
Dave
Gaffer64

Post by Gaffer64 »

Hi Chair and tips great. Could you tell me where you go the chair from?

Cheers

Mike G.
Jelly

Post by Jelly »

Sleepy wrote: Image
I like the look of that, I like to sit down low and stretch out and you can use the ground as a beer holder!, brilliant. :woohoo:
"The distant echo of faraway voices boarding far away trains,

To take them home to the ones that they love and who love them forever......."

Return to “TRAVEL GEAR”