Quietish light flip front helmet

Does my ass look big in these?
philmatuk1

Quietish light flip front helmet

Post by philmatuk1 »

Hi guys I'm looking for a quietish n light flip front adventure helmet for my good lady, me personally am going for a scorpion ADX1 as I've had one before and stupidly sold it
As for the wife she thinks it's a bit heavy
Any recommendations please obtw nothing over £300 would be helpful

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

daveuprite

Re: Quietish light flip front helmet

Post by daveuprite »

Hi Phil

I just bought a Simpson Darksome. I've only done 6 hours riding in it, so I certainly haven't given it a thorough test, but I'd recommend it. It's very light for a flip helmet. I have full face fixed helmets that are much heavier.

It has a full flip-up modular front. The latch is under your chin at the front. But it also has a flip down sun-visor which works from a slider on your left hand side (not your throttle side). I like it. And you can have the sun-visor down with the whole flip-front in either the raised or dropped position. Very flexible. Plenty of ventilation, a removable washable liner and recessed space for speakers if you want to fit an intercom.

They come up one size bigger than your usual size, so bear that in mind. Also, weird thing but I noticed it: If you have an itch to scratch on your chin while you're riding along, on my old helmets you just reached up under the chin bar and scratched it. The Simpson has an all-round sealing flap thing that makes this impossible - so you have to lift up the flip front, sort it out, and get on your way !

Mine came from AS3 Moto with a free pinlock visor. Using a promo code it came to 260 Euros I think.

https://www.3as-racing.com/casque-modul ... l-p-497312

Scott_rider

Post by Scott_rider »

Schuberth E1...you can take the peak off as well and use it as a road helmet. I've got one. Very quiet and very comfortable. Should be able to get one for £300.

Suzuki GSX-S1000F...the KTM 450 EXC-R has gone
Cornishman

Post by Cornishman »

Scott_rider wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 3:12 pm Schuberth E1...you can take the peak off as well and use it as a road helmet. I've got one. Very quiet and very comfortable. Should be able to get one for £300.

Thanks for that. There was I having a nice quiet evening then suddenly I’ve ordered a new Schuberth E1. 😃😃 It can keep my C3 company when I’m not out on the bike.
waggy

Post by waggy »

Hi,

I would be interested in where you are able to purchase the E1 for around £300 please?
Scott_rider

Post by Scott_rider »

waggy wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 12:39 pm Hi,

I would be interested in where you are able to purchase the E1 for around £300 please?
Try Helmet City and Sportsbike Shop...both have them at £300
Suzuki GSX-S1000F...the KTM 450 EXC-R has gone

Return to “CLOTHING”