Can you recommend some waterproof gloves?

Does my ass look big in these?
daveuprite

Can you recommend some waterproof gloves?

Post by daveuprite »

Looking for recommendations please.

I have light summer dirt bike gloves. And I have off-road gloves with knuckle protection. But they both get soaked through when it rains.

I need a pair of properly waterproof off-road / adventure / enduro gloves with some kind of crash protection. I don't want great big gauntlet things with big cuffs because they get all caught up with the jacket. Goretex I suppose, but you tell me...

(Oh and I also need them to emit a forcefield that deflects tree-trunks and rocks as I fall, yet again, from my bike.)
dibbs

Re: Can you recommend some waterproof gloves?

Post by dibbs »

Well i guess I've been lucky as I've never bashed my hands up in 8 years of dirt riding, but they do get cold so I've been using 100% gloves which are both waterproof and warm and find them very good without losing feel on the bars, give them a try, and as they are a bit padded they do give you some protection against branch strikes etc..
DavidS

Post by DavidS »

For really wet weather I bought some Held marigold type over gloves for around £12. They have grippy palms and, on the few occasions I wore them, they worked well. They are long though but flexible.

And you can help a cow give birth or do some washing up if needed while you are out.
2023 Husqvarna Norden 901
2014 KTM 690 ENDURO R
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

Thanks Dibbs. Do you mean these?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2019-100-COG ... SwWhVbq67M

They look OK.
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

Thanks David. Yes, A pair of James Herriots! I'll consider that.
minkyhead

Post by minkyhead »

i can half recommend these as ive only had em a couple of months ,,they are in theory a pretty good trail riding glove deffo light enough to grip the bars withiut cramping the fingers ..linings stay put ,goretex and deffo waterproof ..price isnt silly either for gore and at 53 quid are deffo worth a punt

ive trail ridden severel times with them now and generel riding and cant knock em so far .,..as long as they last they should be a winner roeuch make a lot of ski stuff so they should be reaonably tough . dont be fooled by the picture they are a light glove and prettyy flexable .quite impressed so far as a winter trail glove they tick a few boxes

https://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorc ... rod/277262
whats the wether forcast ..wheres me map
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

minkyhead wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:48 am i can half recommend these as ive only had em a couple of months ,,they are in theory a pretty good trail riding glove deffo light enough to grip the bars withiut cramping the fingers ..linings stay put ,goretex and deffo waterproof ..price isnt silly either for gore and at 53 quid are deffo worth a punt

ive trail ridden severel times with them now and generel riding and cant knock em so far .,..as long as they last they should be a winner roeuch make a lot of ski stuff so they should be reaonably tough . dont be fooled by the picture they are a light glove and prettyy flexable .quite impressed so far as a winter trail glove they tick a few boxes

https://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorc ... rod/277262
Cheers Minky. They look good too. Bit long in the cuff maybe, but definitely a possible.
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

Has anyone tried A-Stars Corozal Drystars ?? They have a short cuff, goretex and armour.

But they are the thick end of €100 delivered, which is a bit more than I wanted to spend really.

byewayrider

Post by byewayrider »

Get your wallet out and splash some euro on klim stuff its excellent...
Solo ktm690 euro trail rider
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

byewayrider wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:04 am Get your wallet out and splash some euro on klim stuff its excellent...
Yeah, might do. I've got the dakar OTB trousers and they're great. So what would you recommend?

Return to “CLOTHING”