Nolan N70-2 X Dualsport Helmet

Does my ass look big in these?
flipflopdog

Nolan N70-2 X Dualsport Helmet

Post by flipflopdog »

Ok, gone back 10 pages on here looking for a reference to Nolan helmets but nothing. Has anyone got the N70-2 X and can shed some views on it..?? I've had an open faced lid now for well over ten years for travelling and want to try something that can offer both variations (open and full face protection ) which this lid does with the removable chin section...

Cheers FFD
flipflopdog

Re: Nolan N70-2 X Dualsport Helmet

Post by flipflopdog »

Screenshot (55).png
Screenshot (55).png (237.31 KiB) Viewed 3971 times
minkyhead

Post by minkyhead »

i bought one of these about 18 months ago as i always rode open ...after 4 shark evolines i gave this a go for the same reason s your thinking ...i was anticipating taking the chin bar off .and the look of that very deep visor would be good when it was raining ect

.but after using it the chin bar is invisible it feels just like a open face with all the vision advantages ..its a big visor for sure ...pinlock works well it seals very well in rain and ive no complaints at all i like it and ill buy another ..its chinbar isnt as prominant as the adv one you show but that for me is a good thing as it really can not be seen in normal use and its affords the protection around the chin and mouth that is always in the back of you mind open face ....i just cant deal with ordinary desighn full face lids at all ..this has proved to be a good solution for me ..great vision and circa 170quid

hope that helps
whats the wether forcast ..wheres me map
darktux

Post by darktux »

Hi,
I have the earlier version of this helmet, the N40 & absolutely swear by it, it has the widest field of view of any helmet I have used, the pinlock works as it should, in full face mode the little bit of fabric under the chin keeps me so warm I no longer need a neck tube in cold weather.

In open face mode the helmet is great & for warmer countries it really helps to have a visible face as you roll up to checkpoints etc.

It is not heavy & the adventure style peak doesnt catch the wind (for me Africa Twin 1000), there is some inevitable wind noise above 60mph, but this is true for any convertible/flip front helmet.

The N40 is still current & has the advantage of a 3 position peak rather than the fixed of the N70 & its cheaper as well.

KB
Flipflop

Post by Flipflop »

darktux wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:47 am Hi,
I have the earlier version of this helmet, the N40 & absolutely swear by it, it has the widest field of view of any helmet I have used, the pinlock works as it should, in full face mode the little bit of fabric under the chin keeps me so warm I no longer need a neck tube in cold weather.

In open face mode the helmet is great & for warmer countries it really helps to have a visible face as you roll up to checkpoints etc.

It is not heavy & the adventure style peak doesnt catch the wind (for me Africa Twin 1000), there is some inevitable wind noise above 60mph, but this is true for any convertible/flip front helmet.

The N40 is still current & has the advantage of a 3 position peak rather than the fixed of the N70 & its cheaper as well.

KB
I use the N40 (in open face mode) as my everyday and trail riding helmet. It’s really good with peak, and sun visor - handy this time of year.
I have a shoei j-cruise for long trips and holidays - the build quality is just better, more comfortable and quieter.

Return to “CLOTHING”