Heated Waistcoats, but not 12V

Does my ass look big in these?
Benson-1215

Re: Heated Waistcoats, but not 12V

Post by Benson-1215 »

Watched a YouTube clip last night Richy Vida and he was trying one of these out 5.5 hours per charge .
https://www.blazewear.com/our-gear/gi...
https://www.blazewear.com/our-gear/gile ... tive-vneck

Warning not cheap when power pack added.
"I came into this world with nothing and with careful management
I still have most of it left'
Mike54

Post by Mike54 »

I have an avade, it's no thicker than an under armour stretchy base layer. I use it for dirt biking in winter and for other more sedantary outside sports in winter. It's also what the factory riders used in dakar when it was in south america to cope with the high passes, they're excellent and I'd say battery life in the medium setting is about 3 hours, but a spare can easily be carried.
Froglodyte

Post by Froglodyte »

bought one of these recently

For the price, it's very good. I already had a 10,000 mAh power bank. 2 hours riding used 40% of power, so should last a good 4 hours on medium heat setting. At an ambient temp of around 8C, it was quite toastie - like leaning your back aginst a radiator. Just make sure the size is right, it should fit close
Thedktor

Post by Thedktor »

Thanks for the comments....

I bought the Lyeiaa waistcoat a while back, and am really happy with it. It is light, unobtrusive, and provides a useful amount of heat. I also bought a big battery to go with it, 20000mah, which is too big really as it sticks out of the jacket pocket by some way. Half that capacity would be fine, and would still easily last for ½ day or more.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Lyeiaa-Electri ... =1-1-spell
Lyeiaa.jpg
Lyeiaa.jpg (51.47 KiB) Viewed 2767 times
The Lyeiaa is nowhere near as powerful as the Gerbing however, a point to bear in mind. The Gerbing runs off the bike battery at 12V whereas the Lyeiaa is just 5V from a USB type battery pack and to get more power means more current than a USB connector will cope with.

On the bike the Lyeiaa needs to be left on max and will take the chill off nicely whereas the bike-powered Gerbing on setting 2 or 3 provides real warmth even in sub-zero conditions - no.4 is uncomfortably hot!

For a bit of fun I tried it in the car on cold mornings as I don’t wear a coat while driving, and I have to say it was lovely having some instant heat during the 10 minutes or so it takes for the interior to warm fully. Maybe I should buy a car with heated seats…

To summarise – I am totally converted to heated clothing and if any of it breaks I will replace it immediately!
- Steve

Southampton area

DR350, 349, DRZ, 701

Return to “CLOTHING”