Heated Waistcoats, but not 12V

Does my ass look big in these?
Thedktor

Heated Waistcoats, but not 12V

Post by Thedktor »

I have a Gerbing heated jacket, well body-warmer, for on the bike and it is brilliant, life-changing even.

Being rather cold-blooded I've been looking at other body-warmer type things for when off the bike that run off one of these compact 5V battery packs. eg
Jacket.png
Jacket.png (135.16 KiB) Viewed 4656 times
I don't expect, or need, the power of the Gerbing but have no idea what is a quality make that won't expire after a few uses. Anyone got any experience?
Last edited by Thedktor on Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Steve

Southampton area

DR350, 349, DRZ, 701
Thedktor

Re: Heated Waistcoats, but not 12V

Post by Thedktor »

<deleted duplicate>
- Steve

Southampton area

DR350, 349, DRZ, 701
tuftywhite

Post by tuftywhite »

I have a Keis body warmer which works plugged into the bike.

You can also buy a battery pack for use out and about without a power supply. Is that the kind of thing you're after?
Thedktor

Post by Thedktor »

Well, not exactly - my Gerbing bodywarmer can use a separate battery but it is a bit bulky for use away from the bike.

The ones I'm looking at are of lighter build and use a 5V battery pack like one you would use to charge a phone. So can be recharged with USB or phone charger - just makes the whole idea easier to use and manage.
- Steve

Southampton area

DR350, 349, DRZ, 701
Yoyo

Post by Yoyo »

I'm looking for something similar as a gift for my father in law, he suffers with the cold and thought it could be useful but trying to find a decent one is hard going loads on amazon but really mixed reviews.

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk

Thedktor

Post by Thedktor »

Yoyo wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:19 am ..... but trying to find a decent one is hard going loads on amazon but really mixed reviews.
Yes exactly! I don't mind spending a bit of money but don't want to repeat it in a year's time when the thing goes faulty...
- Steve

Southampton area

DR350, 349, DRZ, 701
P4ulie

Post by P4ulie »

Thedktor & other interested parties

After breaking numerous leads or losing the controller on my AlpineStars heated vest 3 years ago I bought an avade heated top. Lithium battery operated, power switch on the wrist cuff.

Not cheap but it is a fantastic bit of kit, has it's niggles & riding at -2 you really do notice the drop in warming, however when I get off the bike it still keeps me warm (important as I spend as much time off as on). I also use it for mountain biking, heat on for the first 20 mins, heat back on when standing around.

I've worn it say 100+ times, I bought a 2nd battery but one would tide you through a normal day, you get about 6hrs on low power. The battery isn't usb though, it comes with a wall charger, you could probably find a compatible lead though?

https://avade.co.uk
With enough profanity, you can accomplish anything
Geecee68

Post by Geecee68 »

I bought one off Amazon, £20, didn't expect much.

For £20 it's fantastic. I'd recommend everyone gets one. Well made, 3 heat settings. Heat patches at your stomach, rear shoulders and kidneys. Vest is well made, 2 layers and warm by itself. I plug it up to a power charger and lasts for hours. Works best if it is under something tight.

It's that good my wife uses it.
Yoyo

Post by Yoyo »

Bought one for my father in law, it works a treat, as per all of the reviews the sizes are miles off, I wear a large and a 3xl just fits but it works. I bought a £35 jump start that powers it really well and can be used to start his car if needed.

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk

Thedktor

Post by Thedktor »

Thanks for the replies. I think the Avade is not really for me but looks perfect for say cycling, I want just a vest ideally with no sleeves.

Yoyo and Geecee what makes did you get then?
- Steve

Southampton area

DR350, 349, DRZ, 701

Return to “CLOTHING”