Oxford Montreal 3.0 Oxford Oversuit

Does my ass look big in these?
Robzulu80

Oxford Montreal 3.0 Oxford Oversuit

Post by Robzulu80 »

I have the montreal 2 piece suit which I bought a couple of months ago when I got my bike, I’ve found they are crap at keeping me dry in rain but when not wet they do keep me warm enough.
Does anyone have any experience with the Oxford oversuit? Will I be too sweaty wearing all this when riding?
Next year I believe I will probably go the gortex route but would like to get some use out this gear first.
Any opinions and/or advice welcomed....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oop North John

Re: Oxford Montreal 3.0 Oxford Oversuit

Post by Oop North John »

Sounds like a faulty suit, my Montreal 3 jacket and 2 trousers have been waterproof, so far. If I was you, and assuming you've got the cash, then I'd buy the Oxford Mondial laminate jacket and trousers rather than spending it on something that will have limited use.
Robzulu80

Post by Robzulu80 »

I also thought they were faulty but I had the upper press stud fall off so returned to chesterfield motorcycles which they swapped straight away..... the jacket is still as poor as before.
Quite disappointed to be honest, I bought the Mrs the same gear at the same point and hers is poor aswell.
I’ll take a look at the laminate jacket thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yoyo

Post by Yoyo »

I bought an Oxford over jacket when my old RST started leaking, it kept me bone dry and was a great extra layer in the winter but you are correct in that it can get a bit sweaty.

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk

Tramp

Post by Tramp »

Ive the montreal 2 pants andnin 3 days non stop french rain in spring I was bone dry... I had a frank thomas gortex jacket on which also was dry...

If the suit is ok maybe use the throw over rain suits.. Dry but sweaty :lol:

Return to “CLOTHING”