Shoei GT Air Condensation

Does my ass look big in these?
Hopper1

Re: Shoei GT Air Condensation

Post by Hopper1 »

Maybe of help to you guys with condensation issues... The Pinlock is adjustable!

I just shelled out for a GT Air 2. Took it home, fitted the Sena SRL2 and went for a ride...
About 20 minutes into the ride, I noticed the visor/ pinlock was misting up, blow my left eye!
Not happy, not happy at all.

After a chat with the retailer, he advised that the pinlock was adjustable and I should try to rotate one pin 180 degrees and see what happened.
Went home, removed pinlock, rotates left pin and refitted pinlock.

BOOM!... No more misting ;)
johnnyboxer

Post by johnnyboxer »

Given up with Pinlock

Never got them to work

In 2019 why are we using technology from the 1960's when rear screen in cars were fitted with a Smiths anti fog insert (which is the same as Pinlock) - just apiece of clear stock oval plastic

Madness

Apologies to our younger members who don't know about Smiths inserts in Austin 1100's and the like
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
mechanic

Post by mechanic »

I’ve always used pin locks in my road helmets and on damp wet days been very glad of them. Careful fitting is critical for good results. Always adjust pins to be as tight as you can, it’s amazing how the visors flex when fitting then spring back ok. Also, I leave visor and pin lock in a warm airing cupboard overnight before fitting. This ensures the air trapped between the 2 surfaces is as dry as possible. Maybe this has helped or maybe I’ve been lucky! For me they work well. Hope this helps.

Return to “CLOTHING”