Re-Boot

Does my ass look big in these?
daveuprite

Re-Boot

Post by daveuprite »

After the final disintegration of my old Tech 3s, I went hunting on ebay for a replacement. New ones are the thick end of £200 these days.

So I eventually found a 5 times worn black pair of size 44.5s and won the auction at £70. Great. Very happy. And all the clips from my old pair will fit them, so I have a source of spares too.

Then the auction for another of the pairs in my watch list came towards its end at an odd time on a weekday, and nobody seemed to have noticed them. I bid at the last moment and got them for... £17 ! Again, they are very little used and in excellent condition.

Two almost good as new pairs of A-Stars for £110 including postage. I love ebay.

So everything was posted to my mate in Kent, who just arrived yesterday with the boots to visit his french holiday home. Best birthday present to myself in ages. :D

diggermanbob

Re: Re-Boot

Post by diggermanbob »

Good result Dave :D
cozi70

Post by cozi70 »

Bootiful,just bootiful!
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

cozi70 wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:27 am Bootiful,just bootiful!
Like the way you shoe-horned that pun in.
bowber

Post by bowber »

Excellent, you can get some good deals if the timing is right.

I got some original levers for my bike the other day, the listing was spelt wrong so I paid £25 for 2 unused OEM levers.
My only worry on stuff like this is whether it's off a stolen bike, but I had a look through his history and other items for sale and it looked like he'd replaced the originals with CNC aftermarket ones.

Steve
chunky butt

Post by chunky butt »

Nice one Dave.....just need to get them dirty now, best we get a rideout :lol: .....talking eBay, just missed another x challenge, ad placed last night, I noticed this morning, a deposit had already been taken on it by midday :( cest la vie
bowber

Post by bowber »

That reminds me, I need to get down and have a week riding with you all in France, Dave promised to show me all his "favourite" places, I don't quite know what he meant by that but I assume he meant by bike :? :)

Steve
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

bowber wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:33 pm That reminds me, I need to get down and have a week riding with you all in France, Dave promised to show me all his "favourite" places, I don't quite know what he meant by that but I assume he meant by bike :? :)

Steve
Yep, you're welcome anytime Steve. Even better, stay at Phil's at the Jax Shak in the Lot and we'll organise a couple of days on his trails (2 hours south of me), which are better than mine. Good tarmac nearby for your fine lady to hoon about on too.

If you give us some dates that you'd be clear to come down, I'll see if we can sort out a gathering of the scrotes...
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

chunky butt wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:19 pm Nice one Dave.....just need to get them dirty now, best we get a rideout :lol: .....talking eBay, just missed another x challenge, ad placed last night, I noticed this morning, a deposit had already been taken on it by midday :( cest la vie
Do you have a standing 'wanted' request on the X Challenge Owners' Club forum, Steve ?

However it's quite likely that neither of the members are selling...
chunky butt

Post by chunky butt »

daveuprite wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:22 pm
chunky butt wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:19 pm Nice one Dave.....just need to get them dirty now, best we get a rideout :lol: .....talking eBay, just missed another x challenge, ad placed last night, I noticed this morning, a deposit had already been taken on it by midday :( cest la vie
Do you have a standing 'wanted' request on the X Challenge Owners' Club forum, Steve ?

However it's quite likely that neither of the members are selling...
Yep "Davey two boots" there like the proverbial rocking horse sheet :D nice boots by the way

Return to “CLOTHING”