Boots for 2 Wheels and 2 Feet

Does my ass look big in these?
Bigtobster

Boots for 2 Wheels and 2 Feet

Post by Bigtobster »

I'm a noob but I'm getting into this ADV business heart and soul here :)

I want to start going further afield and up to places where I can do some fairly hardcore hiking in the woods/mountains/etc. 5-30 miles in all terrain. I ride a Wee Strom and I was wondering whether it's a good idea to have a pair of boots that are suitable for both riding and hiking. I'm more than happy to have 2 pairs but it's just yet another thing to dump on the bike that may not be necessary. I do maybe 500-1000 miles off road and up to 10K miles on-road per year.

I've just bought a pair of Lowa Combat GTX boots for hiking and other outdoor fun.

Does anyone else use the same boots for 2 wheels as for 2 feet? Any concerns on safety, abrasion, etc?
Fried Egg Sandwich

Re: Boots for 2 Wheels and 2 Feet

Post by Fried Egg Sandwich »

For my road bike and walking ability I have bought some Spada Pilgrim Grandé
https://spadaclothing.co.uk/product-det ... oduct=3257

So far so good on a trip up to Anglesey and walking around Beaumaris.
Suzuki DRZ400S
BMW R1150GS
Royal Enfield Interceptor 650

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." Edmund Burke Irish orator, philosopher, & politician (1729 - 1797)
Godspeed

Post by Godspeed »

Altberg Hoggs are great boots. I’ve used them for riding up to Snowdon then walking up Snowdon in them then riding back again. Must have done about 70,000 miles in them and with regular polishing and cleaning still look really good.
The Meandering Moustache

Going Big and Riding Small

Honda PCX125 (sports tourer)
Honda Innova ANF125 (Adventure bike)
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

Ive used just army winter gortex boots for years when riding,sightseeing....nowt wrong with the boots you bought....

I used them on the trails too ....yes a enduro boot would have given more anlle support but at sensible speed mine work out just fine...
frenchy3

Post by frenchy3 »

Tramp wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:00 am Ive used just army winter gortex boots for years when riding,sightseeing....nowt wrong with the boots you bought....

I used them on the trails too ....yes a enduro boot would have given more anlle support but at sensible speed mine work out just fine...
I agree,my army goretex boots give reasonable protection,great waterproofing and more importantly they are very wearable when you get off the bike if you are walking around town,camping etc. It is true i have had a bad shin and calf abrasion/bruising whilst doing some serious off roading but keep it sensible and you should be ok.
Bigtobster

Post by Bigtobster »

This is amazing guys. Thanks very much. You've given me a lot more confidence on my choice of boots :)

Happy riding!

Return to “CLOTHING”