Helmet advice

Does my ass look big in these?
zimtim

Re: Helmet advice

Post by zimtim »

I was in J&S recently and was chatting to the salesman about getting a new Arai Tour X 4. He said they would price match almost any internet price providing it was this year's model.
So yes go into shop try it on and have a look on line for a decent price then do a bit of haggling in the shop. You may not get the exact price match, but you may get some ear plugs bunged in and if you have any problems you have a direct point of sale to deal with.

Last time I got stuff from J&s had some freebies bunged in and cup of coffee plus they ordered bits to be delivered to that shop for me check out before I purchased normally they are only available on line
OB1

Post by OB1 »

I had a helmet buying conundrum at the end of last year. I was wearing a 6 year old Shoei Hornet DS which was getting a bit rough around the edges; it was still good, but I wanted something new because of its age. I saw the replacement Shoei ADV in my local dealer (Orwell Motorcycles in Ipswich) but the price had increased by over £150 since I bought the DS. This was quite frustrating as I really like Shoei helmets as, having owned around 6 or 7, I've never had an issue with them.

I decided that I couldn't afford the price, so I started shopping around and getting ideas off the internet. LS2s and other similar brands came up within the price bracket that I had set for myself, but I wasn't happy. I was worried that whatever I bought would be uncomfortable (as I couldn't try them on over the internet) or fall apart within 6 months: buy cheap, buy twice and all that.

Anyway, I decided to go back to the shop and try some "cheaper" models on. Nothing felt as cosseting as even a 6 year old Shoei and I was feeling very disheartened. Then I spotted a sign by the checkout saying that any purchase over £300 could be spread over several months, interest free! This was my eureka moment and I immediately ordered the Shoei ADV that I wanted. The shop also expertly transferred my Sena from the old to the new helmet - bonus!

Now, I'm not saying that certain websites don't offer interest free credit or another way of spreading the cost, but knowing that you are helping to keep a local dealer in business means something to me. I'm so glad that I didn't push the "buy it now" button on one of the other internet offerings which could have added one more straw to the camel's back leaving us with another dealer closing down.
A • AND • B • CDN • CH • CN • CY • CYM • CZ • D • DK • E • EST • ET • F • FIN • GR • HK • HR • I • IL • IRL • L • LT • LV • M • N • N-IRL • NL • P • PL • Q • RSM • S • SCO • SCV • SLO • TR • USA • YU
justrtw.com
Helicoptermanr22

Post by Helicoptermanr22 »

Recently bought a new shoei neotec. Looked at the e bay prices which put me off.. asked for discount at fowlers and no go at all. New model and all that.

Called into Bransons of yeovil and got chatting, walked away with the latest neotec for £105 cheaper than anywhere else.

Look after your local family businesses and ask the question as they do want your business it jist how you ask the question.
Brads

Post by Brads »

helmetstore wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:02 pm There is no doubt that Arai helmets are very best in the market. If you feel that the helmet you chose is not worth the price, you can choose THH helmets. THH motorcycle helmets have the solid build quality and are Bluetooth accessory compatible. Overall, these helmets are not so pricey like Arai. So, you can browse all these helmets here: https://helmetstore.ca
What a spammer.

And Schuberth are better than Aria.
Round the world ???

Round the bend more like !
Teflon Jnr

Post by Teflon Jnr »

And so are shoei
Jesus rides a Harley and the devil wears prada

🇩🇪 🇧🇪 🇬🇧 🇮🇪 🇫🇷 🇮🇲 🇱🇺
Raptor

Post by Raptor »

Thank you guys for advices :D
maxriddy

Post by maxriddy »

Safety is priceless but helmets are bit expensive :lol:
Local shops are always a good idea when you need perfect comfortable fitting.
HedgeHopper

Post by HedgeHopper »

Shalom Rider wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:53 pm I need a new helmet, I’ve had my LS2 FF370 for over 5 years.

Should I go to a shop or buy online?

Where is the best place to buy online?
whatever you do, stay away from those ones run by dodgy salesmen who join forums pretending to be looking for advice but really just want free adverts for their clickbait ;)
Magnon

Post by Magnon »

My problem with shops, especially if you at the limits - big feet, big head, big hands you will just not find the product you want in your size to try on, and if you are lucky enough to find one to try, they won’t have the colour you want.

True enough, most shops will price match which often works out as a better deal as no delivery cost but thats assuming they have what you want in the size you want.

Here in France I have to travel to Bordeaux (2hrs) or Toulouse (2.5hrs) to find a decent range of kit as Limoges, Perigueux and Brive shops are useless - probably explains why most riders round here use what I call scooter kit.
Mike Horton

Post by Mike Horton »

I don't think there's a right or wrong answer but do try the helmet on first. Many people are on a tight budget so I get why you would buy online. I'm lucky there is a local independent shop who sells accessories cheap normally at Internet prices. They are close to the feridax warehouse and get a lot of their shoei spada and sidi stock cheap great deals on factory second clothes too. Did a great deal on my hjc isis 2 max helmet I wanted a caberg but it just didn't feel right so try as many you can before you buy

Return to “CLOTHING”