Body armour

Does my ass look big in these?
Neil M

Re: Body armour

Post by Neil M »

I use an AlpineStars Bionic suit. It's comfy, feels like it'll give me good protection ( been fortunate enough not to test it yet! ).
When it gets hot I can just wear an mx shirt over it. Pretty satisfied with it so far.
Makes me look pretty butch too!! ;)
simonw

Post by simonw »

diggermanbob wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:21 pm
diggermanbob wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:07 pm
chunky butt wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:54 pm Hey Bob....I use a ninja suit in summer ...forcefield in winter, I run to warm in forcefield, ninja is bulky but not so warm....if that makes sense :D
That makes perfect sense that's just what I need , my forcefield makes me sweat like a cornered nun in the summer , but nice and cosy in the winter , :D
Just out of interest where did you get your ninja armour from
And perhaps more importantly, how do you know how much a cornered nun sweats? :shock:
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

Bit more than a free-running nun.

herman

Post by herman »

The secret of a long life is knowing when its time to go.
chunky butt

Post by chunky butt »

diggermanbob wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:21 pm
diggermanbob wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:07 pm
chunky butt wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:54 pm Hey Bob....I use a ninja suit in summer ...forcefield in winter, I run to warm in forcefield, ninja is bulky but not so warm....if that makes sense :D
That makes perfect sense that's just what I need , my forcefield makes me sweat like a cornered nun in the summer , but nice and cosy in the winter , :D
Just out of interest where did you get your ninja armour from
Got it from my favourite shop.....ebay, think just bought the cheapest
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

OK, more seriously Bob...

Here's what I wear.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/STERN-MOTOCR ... 8nWHH1NSCQ

It's served me well for at least three years and many many offs. Until last Sunday, when I literally found the chink in the armour and fractured a rib. But it has helped me get off lightly from quite a lot of falls.

However it is substantial and you do feel like a proper turtle when you put it on. But you could always earn some money on the side as a Star Wars extra.

In an ideal world I'd spend £250 on a Leatt 5.5 suit - that looks like you could survive a herd of elephants.
BobH

Post by BobH »

HedgeHopper wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:15 pm I use the leat 5.5 armour with the wrap around bits if I'm out for a nadgery one, as the last time I cracked some ribs it was from my elbow going into the side which most armour leaves unprotected, it's a bit bulky though but no more so than most hard armour.
Me too for the same reasons, don't have the shirt style so use elbow armour in the jacket or use a holder with Forcefield pads. That way I can ride trails with a MX shirt when its hot, then change into a jacket and insert the pads into the elbows for road.
Tonibe63

Post by Tonibe63 »

Many concentrate on stopping an impact bone fracture with body armour but in my experience there are much more vulnerable areas when riding offroad.
I once was 'lanced' by the end of a branch which pushed me backwards off the bike, the tip of the branch snapped off but my body armour went far enough down my chest and ribs to cover the gap between ribs and hip otherwise it would have been much worse.
Another serious area to consider is the spine and kidney areas which again contain vulnerable organs with very little bone to protect them.
A broken arm or collar bone is fairly easy to repair in comparison to organs.
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a bigger picture but open your heart and you see a whole new World.
diggermanbob

Post by diggermanbob »

daveuprite wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:57 am OK, more seriously Bob...

Here's what I wear.

It's served me well for at least three years and many many offs. Until last Sunday, when I literally found the chink in the armour and fractured a rib. But it has helped me get off lightly from quite a lot of falls.

However it is substantial and you do feel like a proper turtle when you put it on. But you could always earn some money on the side as a Star Wars extra.

In an ideal world I'd spend £250 on a Leatt 5.5 suit - that looks like you could survive a herd of elephants.
That's funny Dave the guy who supplies that armour is about 5miles from me so going to give it a try , 👍
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

diggermanbob wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 1:44 pm
daveuprite wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:57 am OK, more seriously Bob...

Here's what I wear.

That's funny Dave the guy who supplies that armour is about 5miles from me so going to give it a try , 👍
I've bought a few bits from Matt Gardiner MX over the years - he has some good stuff in stock at decent prices. If you get a chance to try it on that would be good. Mine arrived by post and came up a tad large - although you can adjust a lot of the straps.

Return to “CLOTHING”