Body armour

Does my ass look big in these?
diggermanbob

Re: Body armour

Post by diggermanbob »

daveuprite wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 2:05 pm
diggermanbob wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 1:44 pm
daveuprite wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:57 am OK, more seriously Bob...

Here's what I wear.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/STERN-MOTOCR ... 8nWHH1NSCQ

It's served me well for at least three years and many many offs. Until last Sunday, when I literally found the chink in the armour and fractured a rib. But it has helped me get off lightly from quite a lot of falls.

However it is substantial and you do feel like a proper turtle when you put it on. But you could always earn some money on the side as a Star Wars extra.

In an ideal world I'd spend £250 on a Leatt 5.5 suit - that looks like you could survive a herd of elephants.
That's funny Dave the guy who supplies that armour is about 5miles from me so going to give it a try , 👍
I've bought a few bits from Matt Gardiner MX over the years - he has some good stuff in stock at decent prices. If you get a chance to try it on that would be good. Mine arrived by post and came up a tad large - although you can adjust a lot of the straps.
I have ordered one so will check size when it arrives , I can always change it as he is local ,
diggermanbob

Post by diggermanbob »

Stern armour arrived today from Matt Gardiner , fits perfectly and feels ok not to bulky , Thanks Dave :D
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

Great stuff. We'll have to rename you Diggertello.

This'll be us lot next time out:

JB66

Post by JB66 »

diggermanbob wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 10:10 am Stern armour arrived today from Matt Gardiner , fits perfectly and feels ok not to bulky , Thanks Dave :D
Did you go down there? I've bought loads of Matt in the past, and been to his unit. He's probably upgraded from before, but he has tonnes of stuff and it's dirt cheap. Think I got kitted out from top to bottom for my last MX race bike for like £200, in a shop it would be £450+

He used to have an email list that he sends offers out on. He buys up old stock from brands in the 10s of thousands at stupid prices, and sells them for similar!
diggermanbob

Post by diggermanbob »

JB66 wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:09 pm
diggermanbob wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 10:10 am Stern armour arrived today from Matt Gardiner , fits perfectly and feels ok not to bulky , Thanks Dave :D
Did you go down there? I've bought loads of Matt in the past, and been to his unit. He's probably upgraded from before, but he has tonnes of stuff and it's dirt cheap. Think I got kitted out from top to bottom for my last MX race bike for like £200, in a shop it would be £450+

He used to have an email list that he sends offers out on. He buys up old stock from brands in the 10s of thousands at stupid prices, and sells them for similar!
No I didn't go to his unit but I will get there at some point as its only a few miles away , the body armour was good and the price was right.

Return to “CLOTHING”