Waterproofing.

Does my ass look big in these?
captinktm

Waterproofing.

Post by captinktm »

As anyone tried these waterproofing agents, you know the spay on one's. I and I am sure a lot of others guys have multi layered jackets rather than the Klim type single layer. ( I'd love one but a suit cost more than my bike) So I have a can of this so call waterproofer and have been threatening to use use it for ages. Do they work? What's the best way? Don't say read the instructions because they are in Bulgarian, Russian, Romanian, and Greek. All help much appreciated.
Tramp

Re: Waterproofing.

Post by Tramp »

They all contain silicone as base for waterprofing so just use brickseal much heaper per litre.... They do work but need frequent treatment...

Same as tent treatment too.... Let them dry in well vented place unless you like a chemical trip lom
Africa John

Post by Africa John »

I use Fabsil on my tents, bushcraft coats and ponchos. Easy to apply. It does kill grass like weedkiller though so best not to apply to a tent on your front lawn

Don't ask me how I know!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Brenhden

Post by Brenhden »

I use fabsil too and it works, last year I also used a can on the cheap stuff from Aldi on my old jacket and it did work although it was Greek rain which is much less wet than our stuff. :D
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
🇬🇧🇫🇷🇧🇪🇱🇺🇪🇸🇬🇷🇩🇪
Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

A word of caution....DO NOT INHALE any of any spray you might apply.

There was a bloke who came on here who got two lung-fulls of the stuff...it left him needing a heart-lung transplant because it sealed his lungs.

I'm not making this up...I use the wash-in product.

If you do use the spray, apply outdoors and wear a mask. Ventilate the clothing well before you go near it.

This isn't a joke, and it's not health and safety gone mad.
mikeXTZ

Post by mikeXTZ »

I use thompson water seal or similar. Not the water base one. Use one of those empty plastic household sprays, as the silicone damages the seal and then throw away.. Obviously do it outside Plenty of fresh air.
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

I used fabsil on my sinisalo jacket and trousers ... still like a sieve! (but the brand is crap! .. so like trying to waterproof a fishing net)

other .. w/p spray on to boots .. rots the stitching.
hotbulb

Post by hotbulb »

Nikwax cleaner and (wash-in) proofer worked fine on my old Hein Gericke textile jacket ... probably time the new one was done!
Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

hotbulb wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:51 pm Nikwax cleaner and (wash-in) proofer worked fine on my old Hein Gericke textile jacket ... probably time the new one was done!

That's what I use..
crustydemon69

Post by crustydemon69 »

I've been using Fabsil spray from screwfix which is a pretty good price too. Its got good repellency properties and will help somewhat...

https://www.screwfix.com/p/fabsil-unive ... tid=455591

Return to “CLOTHING”