Winter Gloves

Does my ass look big in these?
herman

Winter Gloves

Post by herman »

I finally killed off my winter gloves Sunday so need real life recommendations for a replacement pair. I tend to use them for three quarters of the year so up to a point cost is not an issue as long as I don't feel ripped off. The holy grail of being waterproof is a must and I quite like them long in the cuff, ta muchly
The secret of a long life is knowing when its time to go.
zimtim

Re: Winter Gloves

Post by zimtim »

How did you manage to kill your gloves, it was a nice gentle Sunday afternoon bimble :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I got a pair of these a couple years back
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lindstrands- ... Xonizj5CCg

If memory recalls correctly they had a pretty good write up in the ABR mag too. but they are not that good, the waterproofing is at best suspect and the liner when your hands are damp tends to exit the glove along with your hand. I will say they are pretty warm but then i have the heated grips and Brush guards.
So definitely wouldn't recommend them

You have JS accessories opposite IKEA now
https://www.jsaccessories.co.uk/stores/southampton/

and then infinity
https://www.infinitymotorcycles.com/?gc ... n4QAvD_BwE

went to both today as I managed to kill the zipper on my pants on Sunday, must of been whilst doing my parachute roll :o :o .
Both shops will be gearing up for the sales shortly
Craig-SM

Post by Craig-SM »

I've spent too much looking for the holy grail of waterproof gloves. Most have leaked sooner or later, the ones that didn't are no longer in production but my current Knox Covert are looking promising. To look at they're look almost like a summer glove but they are actually warm when the weather gets turns cold and don't get hot in the summer either so end being used nearly all year round only the hottest days I end up using the summer gloves. Not very long in the cuff though as they are designed to go under the jacket cuff.
https://www.planet-knox.com/product/cov ... le-gloves/

The Zero 2 glove maybe what you're looking for
https://www.planet-knox.com/product/zer ... er-gloves/
Old Git Ray

Post by Old Git Ray »

You could pop into your local BMW boutique and have a gander at their winter gloves. I have had a pair for some years and they are extremely good for cold and wet weather.
Too hot most of the time though.
DavidS

Post by DavidS »

I've started using long ski/snowboard gloves as the old fashioned gauntlet style of bike glove seems to be a bit passe now.
I also don't like the waterproof liner idea as the outside gets soaked.
They would be a bit thick palmed for trials sensitivity but have been fine for road and trail riding.

But, as an added precaution, I bought some Held 'rubber' overgloves (Marigolds for bikers) and they should keep everything at bay. Ok, they may look a bit like fetish gloves but we are all a bit odd anyway, aren't we?
Decent overgloves would be more useful as the mornng cold and wet can easilt turn into later warm and dry so layers are handy.

I have always understood the concept of waterproof and motorcycle clothing were mutually incompatible.
However, my £45 suit of RAF Foul weather jacket and trousers are excellent.

To be really sad, I bought a pair of childrens elastic ended gaiters from Cotswold to use over the gap between glove and jacket when I wore shorter gloves. Stops the wind, rain and ice getting in the gap.
2023 Husqvarna Norden 901
2014 KTM 690 ENDURO R
DaveCon

Post by DaveCon »

I've had a pair of Alpinestars Drystar Fuse gloves for years, used for all riding apart from really hot weather. Waterproof and nice and warm but also thin enough so you can still feel stuff and heated grips can get through that extra warmth. The elasticated cuff kept things comfortable and draft-free.
alpinestars-fuse-glove_black.jpg
alpinestars-fuse-glove_black.jpg (41.94 KiB) Viewed 6876 times
Unfortunately after 7 or 8 years they've started letting the weather through and absorb rain like a sponge, so I've bought Alpinestars Syncro which are basically the same but don't feel quite as warm (I don't think it has the Thinsulate layer) and I really miss the elasticated cuff. Hands are dry though.
Alpinestars-Syncro-Drystar-Gloves-3529117_10_SYNCRO_glove_ml.jpg
Alpinestars-Syncro-Drystar-Gloves-3529117_10_SYNCRO_glove_ml.jpg (59.53 KiB) Viewed 6876 times
mike89mike

Post by mike89mike »

I feel you, totally, I have tried many types, some made my hands sweaty, others were just useless, got my new ones from https://www.ridestore.com/uk after checking so many brands and reviews, my budget was limited tbh, but it worked out pretty well . IFor winter I have opted for snow ones, hoping that they were not too rigid, and it worked out pretty well :P
hotbulb

Post by hotbulb »

I've used a pair of Weise winter gloves for a couple of years, and I'm happy with them, warm and dry. I can't find the exact model, but they're very much like the Weise Bergen (but with a short w/proof zip instead of the cuff velcro).
mark vb

Post by mark vb »

After many years of using various winter gloves - including the 2-fingered 'camel claw' type, silk undergloves, heated grips etc., I eventually bought some Gerbing heated gloves and they're excellent - thoroughly warm & waterproof, with long cuffs. Slightly bulky, but that's not a problem for normal road use or light off-road use. The heat can last up to 3-4 hours using battery inserts, or they can be wired to the bike's battery for indefinite, hotter heat for longer trips. When the temp gets above around 8-10 degrees I tend to revert back to my trusty Heine Gericke 3-season waterproof gloves.
gspod

Post by gspod »

Muffs + heated grips for me - totally warm and waterproof.

Return to “CLOTHING”