Falco Aventour or Forma Adventure Boots - Recommended or not

Does my ass look big in these?
hennieontanks

Falco Aventour or Forma Adventure Boots - Recommended or not

Post by hennieontanks »

Hi

I am looking at new boots and thus after some advice. I was wondering if either the Falco Aventour or Forma Adventure boots are worth while? Is one better than the other?

I am of course looking for a boot that is comfortable with descent protection. Since I’m planning my first long trip to the Europe, I suspect I’ll properly be living in them for two weeks. Most of the riding will be on road with a bit of minor green leaning thrown in.

Thanks
Last edited by hennieontanks on Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jak*

Re: Falco Aventour or Forma Adventure Boots - Recommended or not

Post by Jak* »

I have a pair of Forma Adventure which are about six months old. They have proved to be really comfortable, waterproof and seem to offer good protection although I am trying to avoid testing this out. The other boots to consider, especially if you are likely to be wanting to walk any distance in them are Altbergs. These will not offer the same level of protection off road but will be more comfortable for walking around in and are waterproof.
Cheers Jak
zimtim

Post by zimtim »

Got the Forma Terra boots
More substantial than the adventure this more protection,
Had the W2 before that which I think are more of a comparison to the adventure boot. Very comfortable and you could definitely wear them all day and do a fair amount of walking. But I doubt they would of been much good in an accident. Ankle protection was just not there and the waterproofing was useless after a couple years.

https://www.dirtbikexpress.co.uk/boots/ ... DoQAvD_BwE
Craig-SM

Post by Craig-SM »

I have the Forma Adventure in the low version as I don’t do anything off-road other than gravel tracks. Comfortable, waterproof and tough, ticks all my boxes.
MattCrane

Post by MattCrane »

I have the Forma Adventure and love them comfy on the bike, warm and waterproof, I suppose my only criticism is that if you want to do a lot of walking around in them I find them a little uncomfortable after a while, so for that reason I just carry a pair of comfy boots that I can change into or if I can't afford the space to carry them I also have a pair of Daytona's that are super comfy for everything.

I do prefer the look of the Forma Adventures though but thats just me :lol:
Craig-SM

Post by Craig-SM »

Matt, being able to walk around in the boots is one of the reasons I went for the low version instead of the full height ones.
hennieontanks

Post by hennieontanks »

Brilliant, thanks for the advice especially on potentially taking some more walking related shoes.

It also confirmed that I’m looking in the right direction with Forma.
minkyhead

Post by minkyhead »

ive tried the adv boots from forma ..TBO i only got them as i couldnt get anything else local and needed a pair of boots quick

they feel fairly solid whan new but soften up quick and dont feel very protecticve off road ....the worse part is the soles if you have off road pegs and stand alot the soles just start to disintergrate particularly the left one where uour foot moves alot for geaers

the left boots membrane lets water in and i have retired them to dry non off road days ...the only plus for me is they are very comfy

not up to prolonged off road use ..probably ok as a road boot

this boot is or was three weeks old when the photo was taken and the left boot is through the sole and exposing the inner linings ..obviously not happy ..would not buy again

ImageDSC_0526[1] by minkyhead56, on Flickr
whats the wether forcast ..wheres me map
ScottHeyden

Post by ScottHeyden »

I have two pairs of forma, high pair and low pair. Very comfortable for long days riding and good for walking in. No problem with wet feet so far. Not a boot I would use for off road, not enough protection and off road pegs destroy the soles in know time at all, as they did with the W2's I had previously.
Ming

Post by Ming »

Sorry to have to buck the trend for waterproofness, but the 9 month old pair of Forma Adventure boots leaked catastrophically in France.

They hadn't seen much rain in the first 9 months but on a waterlogged return trip of 300 miles past the Millau bridge and up the Gorge du Tarn they were awful. Both boots were soaked inside, whereas the KlimBadlands trousers and Weise jacket were fine. Used loads of newspaper to try to dry them out overnight before having to wer them for the remaining 3 days whilst they were still wet through. :o

Contacted the shop on ebay where I got them from and to their credit they offered me a full refund credit note and discounted the Sidi Adventure's I have replaced them with. These have been faultless in 3 years, very comfy on the bike but I wouldn't want to walk miles in them as they are quite sturdy. They crash well, as the boots were the only part of my mates' kit that didn't get cut open after a massive head-on crash with a dozy car driver.

You'll always get a bad apple in any barrel, so it seems most pairs are fine. I just don't want to wear anything that "might" be okay, especially on a long overseas trip as it's the only pair you'll have access to.

Return to “CLOTHING”