Falco Aventour or Forma Adventure Boots - Recommended or not

Does my ass look big in these?
SHarper

Re: Falco Aventour or Forma Adventure Boots - Recommended or not

Post by SHarper »

I've had two pairs of Forma Adventure boots, the first pair started leaking after about 8 months, I took them back to CMC who replaced them without any problem, saying I was the first to bring any back, only for the replacements to leak, I wouldn't have them again, even though I recommended them to others before my problems started.
To replace them I've bought the slightly shorter AlpineStars, no problems so far...
hennieontanks

Post by hennieontanks »

Thanks for all the advice.
All points to ponder.

Might be ok with my pegs since they have a rubber piece inside.

But the waterproofness is a bit worrying - looks like it just depends on the pair, but always the ‘what if it’s mine ‘ that might be at the back of my mind.

I’ll have a bit more of a look.
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

I got the Forma cape horn .. all leather and so can polish and put leather feed stuff on .. they leaked straight away but are fine as long as you polish/seal every ride.
deksawyer

Post by deksawyer »

Just to put something else into the mix - I just bought a slightly used pair of Daytona Trans Open GTX boots from ebay, and they seem to be in a different league, from a manufacturing/quality point of view. Not that the Formas appear to be made cheaper, but they obviously are. The leather on the Daytonas is pretty hefty. They're not as stylish as more modern looking boots, but I ride a KTM, so what the heck.

I have an old pair of Daytonas (Highways I think) and they're still going strong after many years.....hopefully the Trans Opens are the same...

D.

Return to “CLOTHING”