Does my ass look big in these?
Martyn

Re: Winter jacket and trousers

Post by Martyn »

Rev'it Sand 3
qcnr

Post by qcnr »

I have had my Lindstrands jacket and trousers for 6 years now. They get washed once every so often :roll: using
Nickwax stuff. At the moment the weather is cold, wet and the sun isn't out untill about 09:00.
My commute is about 40 mins and I have yet to get wet on the inside. Extra warmth is provided by the
zip in thermal layer, but the clothing is waterproof to start with, so no faffing with layering systems.
THe only drawback is that the clothing is slightly heavy, but it doeas contain all the armour imaginable.
92kk k100lt 193214

Post by 92kk k100lt 193214 »

Bryn wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:05 pm Funny that this question should pop up as I've had this on my mind today while riding to Fishguard for the ferry to Rosslare. If price isn't an issue, I would highly recommend the Rukka Navigator suit. I've been wearing it in the colder months for the past year on regular trips to Scotland, and Ireland today, and I've got enough confidence in it to have it as my jacket of choice for this year's Elephant Rally. It's got CE-level 2 armour on the shoulders, elbows and back, full Gore-Tex laminate, a decent insulating liner, and it just feels bombproof. I've not felt any cold spots while riding in it, and today I was riding with the jacket and just a thermal underneath and I was toasty.

If you want to drop down a bit in price (the Rukka is £1,200 just for the jacket), then I've also found the Halvarssons Prime jacket to be excellent - the Outlast liner in it is one of the best in any jacket, though the fixed waterproof liner isn't laminated to the outer material. This comes in a bit cheaper at, if I remember correctly, about £300-£400.
So you were over this way. Anywhere nice? Heading to Cork or elsewhere? I am in Cork and always happy to meet up anyone for a coffee or whatever.

I must admit £1200 is more than I ever paid for any bike. And I never get cold or wet, but admittedly the bikes all have full fairings.
1992 K100LT June 2010 110,000 miles
1984 K100RT July 2013 36,000 miles, 90,000
1983 K100RS Nov 2018 29,000 miles, 36,400 miles
1996 K1100LT Oct 2020 37,990 miles
1984 K100 Sprint March 2023 58,000 miles
Saraluck9090

Post by Saraluck9090 »

If you are concerned with safety then leather jackets like triumph custom leather jackets and BMW leather jackets are best. Even a different color jacket like yellow or orange will give you different look and good visibility in night time. If you really want to buy something which you don’t want to regret in future then consider buying a branded leather jacket like triumph custom leather jacket and trouser. I recommend you to buy from online store father's day coupons because last year I had bought a jacket for my dad from there now this year I am also going to order a jacket for my Dad on father's day because quality was awesome.
Sanqhar

Post by Sanqhar »

Been really pleased with my Dane Goretex jacket.
Tom
... and today was a good day in the life of...
tocnaza

Post by tocnaza »

Last edited by tocnaza on Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
scooby

Post by scooby »

Hi, ive used Hein Gericke Goretex gear and its great stuff, but last year I bought a Rukka jacket with a waterproof liner and it was horrible when wet as somebody said youre carrying around all the water the jacket has soaked up, your dry but you still feel cold.
Ive now got Klim Badlands jacket and trousers, best gear ive ever had , its expensive but fantastic gear. Adventure Spec are selling the trousers for £320 new at the moment ( last years spec).
I hope this helps.
Jak*

Post by Jak* »

Is the Klim stuff laminate then?
I have been using some secondhand Rukka stuff for just over a year now and it’s great, particularly for commuting in winter. Although it came as a matching set size 54. The jacket is great but I could keep Compo’s ferrets or a family of refugees in the trousers. If anyone on here has a set of size 50 trousers they would like to swap please let me know.
I am tempted by the new Halvarssons and Richa laminate stuff. Both are quality brands in my experience.
When off road riding I use a secondhand Tuareg jacket which is great. I tend to sweat a lot when off road and am not sure how good laminate stuff would be for me off road.
All gear seems a compromise but I guess it is a lot better than the jeans, leather jacket and DPM boots I started off with.
Cheers Jak
Jack the Builder

Post by Jack the Builder »

Hello

I've no experience of the expensive stuff and the like; however while at the Motorcycle Live show I bought the Oxford Mondial Advanced jacket and trousers. The trousers have a detachable back panel and braces and the Jacket is short but very good. So far I have commuted everyday and they have kept me warm and dry (admittedly not ridden in any torrential downpours yet, but no doubt I will have to). I have a heated gilet that I used to wear when using my Andes Jacket, but not needed with this one. Both jacket and trousers are lightweight and very comfortable. I did have the intention of buying a gore-tex suit but in reality I just couldn't afford it. There is a two year guarantee to keep you dry. Time will tell.

Cheerio
scooby

Post by scooby »

Yes Klim is laminated, its expensive but sometimes you can get a deal, I bought my jacket with nearly £200 off and the trousers were nearly half price. But everbody who has it thinks its worth the money, however if its dear £200 off rrp is still dear.

Return to “CLOTHING”