Neotec or system 7 carbon

Does my ass look big in these?
Sanqhar

Neotec or system 7 carbon

Post by Sanqhar »

I recently retired my Schuberth C2 and am looking for another helmet. I have previously owned three BMW System helmets (System 2 and two System 4s). Since Schuberth changed hands they seem to be too profit orientated eg the Sena bluetooth kit for the C4 is dearer and still doesn’t include the remote that a standard Sena 10u does, the pinlock is their own version and not as good as the real Pinlock. I could consider a C3 Pro with he 10u.

I like the Shoei Neotec and the 10u kit is available well discounted. It’s comfortable.

Has anyone got the latest BMW System 7? What is it like in the rain? What about comms for it?

Any information will be gratefully received. I’ll be going to the NEC so will probably buy there.

Tom
... and today was a good day in the life of...
Oop North John

Re: Neotec or system 7 carbon

Post by Oop North John »

I looked at the C4, but have read that the pinlock alternative doesn't really work. I had an E1, which without a peak is just like any other flip helmet. Mine got damaged when I was knocked off my bike so will be seeing what Helmet City are doing deals wise at the NEC show.
MattCrane

Post by MattCrane »

The wife and I are both in the market for new Helmets as well and I have the list down to the C4 or the System 7.

Although the new Schubert comms system is expensive I really like the way the unit fits into the helmet with no external wires or microphones as they are already built into it at the factory just buy the comms unit and slot it and the battery into the internal slots :) and I get to keep the option of listening to the radio which the BMW system doesn't allow unless you have a BMW withe the audio options fitted and isn't an option on a GSA.

The thing I like about the BMW system 7 is the cheaper price and 100% compatibility with all the new BMW bike hardware like the Nav on audio units on the RT's and the GT's whereas I have heard the schubert can have some issues with the BMW tech.
Sanqhar

Post by Sanqhar »

Check out Ukgsers site, quite a few people are unhappy with the C4. The Pinlock isn’t the branded pinlock but their own version and there is a fogging issue. It looks like you cannot get a branded Pinlock for it. The Motolegends catalogue had an article on it. Schuberth is now owned by venture capitalists who appear to be more interested in profit.

“Part of the issue comes from the fact that, in their infinite wisdom, the venture capital owners of Schuberth decided that they could save a buck or two by not using a genuine Pinlock, electing instead to use a lookalike version. A schoolboy error in our book”.

and...

“Unfortunately, there is not an option to fit a proper Pinlock because Schuberth have, we are told, stopped the company from making one for the C4. So your only option is to adjust the existing one to make it fit”.

My tuppence worth, the Sena specifically for the C4 is not only dearer, but it does not come with the handlebar remote.

Read the comms description carefully.

The C3 Pro with a Sena 10U seems a better option.

I have never owned a Shoei but have owned three BMW helmets, thus my interest in the System 7. At the moment the Shoei Neotec ticks the right boxes (and there is a Neotec 2 on the way).

Tom
Sanqhar

Post by Sanqhar »

I tried on a System 7 today. Comfortable except it dug into my lower jaw on each side. 58/59 perfect fit. Good price, £450 for white, comms a bit steep at £350. Now I just need to wait for the Neotec 2. Will decide at the NEC. Tom
Chasbmw

Post by Chasbmw »

Remember that if you buy the comms kite at the same time as the helmet, then you don't have to Pay VAT on the Comms kit.

Helped a bit to ease the pain at Dick Lovett's in Bristol. Pickup the helmet this week
zimtim

Post by zimtim »

Buy the helmet that fits your head. Not your wallet
MattCrane

Post by MattCrane »

Chasbmw wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:15 pm Remember that if you buy the comms kite at the same time as the helmet, then you don't have to Pay VAT on the Comms kit.

Helped a bit to ease the pain at Dick Lovett's in Bristol. Pickup the helmet this week
Do you have a link to any further information on this as I cannot find anything that says the comms should be exempt. As we bought the comms unit for my wifes C4 at the same time as the helmet yet paid VAT on the comms.

Return to “CLOTHING”