ratass

Forcefield

Post by ratass »

Forcefield pro vest,any thoughts.
Jon
RichP

Re: Forcefield

Post by RichP »

I wear one when laning or on trips with a lot of road. Protection is very good, armour is very good quality and sits it the right place. The downsides are: you get very hot in warm weather (especially when offroad), the material isn't very robust and it does make you look a bit Robocop when you take your jacket off at a cafe. However, for me, the pros far outweigh the cons. Cheers Rich
ratass

Post by ratass »

Was thinking of jacket less in deserts or hotter climes
Jon
Brenhden

Post by Brenhden »

I agree with RichP, fits great, gets hot, well worth it. I've got the second gen top and shorts. Both great. I've ridden in the heat without a jacket over it. It's cooler but I think if you came of at speed it would rip. What's great though is you can remove the armour and wash it like normal clothes.
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
🇬🇧🇫🇷🇧🇪🇱🇺🇪🇸🇬🇷🇩🇪
one-two-three-four

Post by one-two-three-four »

I use a FORCEFIELD EXTREME HARNESS FLITE + Arms with a wicking top underneath - and just a shirt over for very hot (stops it filling up with dust) or a regular armour-less jacket in the winter. Very good protection and much more robust.
Redmurty

Post by Redmurty »

you need something with abrasion resistance on top of the kit, otherwise (thumbs)
cheers Spud ;)
Life... it's not a dress rehearsal

You don't waste time... you waste yourself
P4ulie

Post by P4ulie »

If you're thinking of buying the Pro shirt, AdventureSpec have them discounted at the moment.
Protection is very good, it's pretty comfy for all day wear & like mentioned, easy to wash.
Downside they can get very hot, you do need an abrasion resistant layer above & every time you stop & take off your jacket people think you're some kind of Superhero crimefighting wannabe :pinch:
With enough profanity, you can accomplish anything
DavidS

Post by DavidS »

I tried it but ended up with the Leatt 3DF Airfit, purely on comfort grounds.
The Forcefield was good enough that I would have bought it but I just felt happier in the Leatt.
Maybe worth a comparison if you can. Price not different enough to bother either way.
2023 Husqvarna Norden 901
2014 KTM 690 ENDURO R

Return to “CLOTHING”