trail riding boots

Does my ass look big in these?
zimtim

Re: trail riding boots

Post by zimtim »

Tramp wrote:Tried them zimtim and they where horrible :whistle: ...im not riding hardenduro...just gently bobbling along trails like a clumsy fool...i need ankle support for when i put my foot in the wrong place :cheer: or i smack my shine on the footpegs or a tree stump hidden in long grass...

Do those forma stand up to proper offroad pegs ....

Thanks for the feedbak folks..
Those ones I put link upto aren't the ones i thought they were, (trying to do too many jobs)
the ones DavidS suggested are the one i thought of and the ones I have,overall very pleased waterproof for the most part well second pair are (you know about the first pair but replaced no quibbles) I have reproofed them a couple times,very comfy easily wear them all day and even walk about in them. I would definitely think about buying them again if needed, Mine are a size 8 you could try on but you have Hobbit feet by comparisson.
Go to https://www.jsaccessories.co.uk/buy/w2- ... /10770.htm and try them on. I have seen them on sale at Infinity in the past for around £120
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

There are adventure boots and the Terra...ive looked at soles and are their 2 different types on terras?
Flat road soles are usless for me and my liking of mudd :woohoo: ...
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

I find the `forma cape horn` a good compromise. may need a bit more padding for ankle support? can wear loose kegs over?
boboneleg

Post by boboneleg »

I wear Sidi Trials boots, good grippy soles but you can still walk in them. Not totally waterproof but I always ex-army sealskin socks with them.

https://www.revzilla.com/product_images ... s_zoom.jpg
Attachments
sidi_boots_trial_zero_boots_zoom.jpg
sidi_boots_trial_zero_boots_zoom.jpg (37.68 KiB) Viewed 2775 times
one-legged adventurer
Jak*

Post by Jak* »

After advice from this forum I bought Forma Adventurer. They are excellent very nearly as comfortable as my Altbergs. I wore mine at the Taffy Dakar and at the end of the day had forgotten I still had them on, the previous year I could not wait to get the motocross boots I was wearing off my feet. The only criticism I have is they do get a bit hot but that is because they are waterproof.
Cheers Jak
DavidS

Post by DavidS »

The W2's insteps are allegedly damaged by the footpegs but mine are as good as new.
Depends if you squirm around too much I suppose.
I'd trade that for the comfort.
I have even driven home in them once after putting the bike on the trailer at a very wet horse trial. Not really recommended though.
2023 Husqvarna Norden 901
2014 KTM 690 ENDURO R
minkyhead

Post by minkyhead »

on balence id go for two boots

tcx desert or sidi adv

the sidis are quite new too me but are holding up quite well they can now be got for near 200 if you shop around and pounce on the right deal ..they seem to have a grippy sole and a fairly high impact and rigidity too them ive had em eigh months and no complaints so far

tcx dessert ive had three pairs ..they lasted three years and were good but both heel wells eventually let go come unglued but thaey have done literally 100s of hours by then good boots waterproof and last pretty well

when me tcxs went i needed a pair of boots quick fo a weekend so i rang around and got the forma adventures ....these are poor very poor ..the solid feel when new becomes quite flimsy when broken in ..the lining in the left boot let water in very quick ...the soles have only taken a tiny fraction on the tcx use but are almost chewed through ..they are relagated to work boots on fine days ...borderline rubbish for adv boots id say

compared to the tcx these boots have done nothing ..maby three weekends the left one where the foot moves for the gears it though in the centre :( id have got tcx again but the sidis seem to have come down in price alot so i went for a change ..bit early to tell but there good so far

good luck
ImageDSC_0526[1] by minkyhead56, on Flickr[/img]
whats the wether forcast ..wheres me map
The Sarge

Post by The Sarge »

+1 on the Forma Adventure, so comfortable and light (thumbs)
johnnyboxer

trail riding boots

Post by johnnyboxer »

I wouldn't compromise on safety offroad with boots
I wear Sidi mx boots which are tough - I have had a lot of lower leg injuries (like haematomas) even with top boots which would have been far worse with lesser boots
I wear Sidi Trials for trial comps but the protection is nowhere near as good as their MX cousins for trails
I always wear good knee and shin protection and those ankle protectors that footballers wear
You can't be too careful
I know someone who had a shin haematoma from a footpeg impact and the subsequent swelling & muscle damage trapped a vein and he was rushed into hospital the day after and had an emergency OP to slice the leg from knee to ankle at the front to relieve the pressure and strip away the damaged muscle to ensure the vein could flow again, another day later and they would have amputated his lower leg - all due to a sharp blow to the shin from a footpeg - by a simple dab off road
Wear MX boots even though they may be uncomfy
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
DavidS

Post by DavidS »

I would counter that reasonable thought though.
If you wear something that is uncomfortable, your concentration goes awol so a balance of for and against is valid imho. A bit like a rock hard seat....you spend more time wriggling than watching what you're doing.
For trail riding, speeds tend to be low compared to enduro or mx - there is probably more risk on the road and road boots give much less protection.
2023 Husqvarna Norden 901
2014 KTM 690 ENDURO R

Return to “CLOTHING”