trail riding boots

Does my ass look big in these?
Tramp

trail riding boots

Post by Tramp »

Okay...i use my army gortex for everything and they are like slippers (thumbs) ...but it has recently been made clear to me they offer bugger all protection for serious trail riding....so .
I need something thats comfy all day for a week...has room for my pinkys as they hate cramped boots..ive tried losds on but they feel squashed in ...normally a 9 so tried on a 10..wear socks or gortex boot linners...
I need ankle support and shine too cause im clumsy...and price in tight as a yorkshireman but from lancashire so thats twice over lol :P ...
Suggestions please....they are for odd use as i love my army boits
Stewie

Re: trail riding boots

Post by Stewie »

Took the RST adventure boots ( nicked them of me lad as you do :laugh: ) on the trip to Jax Shack, really comfy for all day riding, not as much protection as my Sidi's but then I'm trail ridding not on an MX track, nice price but you need to go a size up (thumbs)
frenchy3

Post by frenchy3 »

I stopped wearing motocross/enduro boots years ago as i love my Army Goretex boots or Lowa desert boots with waterproof socks. They are so comfortable to wear whilst riding and around camp in the evening plus you don,t feel like a stormtrooper when you drop into a bar for a swift one. You are correct the Army boots offer no protection and i have damaged my ankle and shin in a couple of low speed falls which left le taking months to recover from. I just can,t bring myself to go back to Motocross boots though.
Tramp wrote:Okay...i use my army gortex for everything and they are like slippers (thumbs) ...but it has recently been made clear to me they offer bugger all protection for serious trail riding....so .

I need something thats comfy all day for a week...has room for my pinkys as they hate cramped boots..ive tried losds on but they feel squashed in ...normally a 9 so tried on a 10..wear socks or gortex boot linners...

I need ankle support and shine too cause im clumsy...and price in tight as a yorkshireman but from lancashire so thats twice over lol :P ...

Suggestions please....they are for odd use as i love my army boits
Mike54

Post by Mike54 »

Forma Terra.
DavidS

Post by DavidS »

W2 Adventure boots for me. As close to waterproof as you should need. I've never needed waterproof socks in 5 years. All day comfy.
From recent topic memory, Mike54's suggestion is much the same boot.
2023 Husqvarna Norden 901
2014 KTM 690 ENDURO R
zimtim

Post by zimtim »

whats your budget.
new or second hand.
https://www.infinitymotorcycles.com/pro ... mens-black
Good price at moment, you need to go up a size anyway and take your sealskinz sockswith you to try on. (thumbs)
they have a shop in Bevois valley
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

Alpinestars Tech 3 are decent boots, but with enough hard enduro-style work they will leak eventually.
I might go for a pair of these next: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORMA-ADVENTU ... ScTO1nRVVw
They may be a tad underprotected for the worst rocky trails but they look great for all purpose stuff.
Mike54

Post by Mike54 »

DavidS wrote:W2 Adventure boots for me. As close to waterproof as you should need. I've never needed waterproof socks in 5 years. All day comfy.

From recent topic memory, Mike54's suggestion is much the same boot.
They're similar, Dave.

Also both are waterproof, unlike MX boots
DavidS

Post by DavidS »

For the avoidance of doubt and the sake of accuracy, these are the one's I meant.
https://www.jsaccessories.co.uk/buy/w2- ... /10770.htm
Even prolonged rain or bow wave from 50m water crossings keep me dry.
Extreme water may let a thimble full through the toe but that is it.
2023 Husqvarna Norden 901
2014 KTM 690 ENDURO R
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

Tried them zimtim and they where horrible :whistle: ...im not riding hardenduro...just gently bobbling along trails like a clumsy fool...i need ankle support for when i put my foot in the wrong place :cheer: or i smack my shine on the footpegs or a tree stump hidden in long grass...
Do those forma stand up to proper offroad pegs ....
Thanks for the feedbak folks..

Return to “CLOTHING”