any good advice on gear

Does my ass look big in these?
maxriddy

Re: any good advice on gear

Post by maxriddy »

No doubt an excellent kit but little bit expensive and heavy.

For touring off-road I like mine, Spyke Pathfinder WP. A multilayer jacket with good protection against harsh weather elements.
minkyhead

Post by minkyhead »

its a long time since ive takena jacket abroad ..for 90 percent of the time they are just too bulky and too hot
i use body armour and layers ..i have a little trick of taking the waterproof mebrane from a jacket and a goretex outer ..these roll up in space about the size of a loaf of bread ..throw a pullover on over the armour and these two layers and it can rain as much as it wants ..it works fine ..i use air tex mesh pants ..which again 90 pecent of the time are all thats needed .. base layer long johns that roll up to the size of a pair of socks and good quality goretex army trousers keep me very dry for the odd afternoon when there needed
im not a cheapskate i have a lindstrands coat and trousers with all the bells and whistles vents zips and removable crap but its too big and bulky ..good coat for wintr trails when its 8 degres and under
...cant beat ridning in armour to keep cool and for me that is what happens 90 percent of the time..so i select the majority of the gear to keep me cool but still retain the impact protection and back protection ..i do feelthat armour in coats can be in the wrong place ..if its tightenough to stay in place the coat is usually uncomfotable and loose enough to be comfy the armour can move away from its intended place
id guess my travelling gear costs around 150 quid total
whats the wether forcast ..wheres me map
micksea

Post by micksea »

That"ll put the cat amongst the proverbials you clever chap you (thumbs)

Return to “CLOTHING”