Anyone got a Klim Krios helmet?

Does my ass look big in these?
Agent Orange

Re: Anyone got a Klim Krios helmet?

Post by Agent Orange »

johnnyboxer

Post by johnnyboxer »

Redmurty wrote:saw a stunning Aria today in a motorX shop it was stunning and £480 :pinch:

http://www.dirtbikebitz.com/2017-arai-m ... 86709.html

cheers Spud ;)
Blimey that's expensive

I only paid £300 for my new Tour x4 last autumn in black which is a XL

Be warned - they take a while to bed in

My Tour X4 was uncomfy at first, compared to my Tour X3

I had a Shoei Hornet Adv too but sent it back for replacement under warranty as the visor rubbed the shell - nice helmet though

Beware that peaked helmets on the road are a compromise at speed, your head nearly gets ripped off in cross winds

For touring I use a Shoei Neotec and just use the Tour X4 for days out - I couldn't stand it for a week's continuos touring
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
DavidS

Post by DavidS »

The road riding bit was one of my issues JohnnyB. Although, with the 690, 80 is fast enough on 15psi knobblies.
I would definitely agree that anything above that with a peak is looking for trouble. Or over 60 with the Hornet.
I bought my Viper GT at the bike show years ago for half price but it's so expensive to get there now I wouldn't save anything. Plus I can't wait until November/December.
2023 Husqvarna Norden 901
2014 KTM 690 ENDURO R
johnnyboxer

Post by johnnyboxer »

DavidS wrote:The road riding bit was one of my issues JohnnyB. Although, with the 690, 80 is fast enough on 15psi knobblies.
I would definitely agree that anything above that with a peak is looking for trouble. Or over 60 with the Hornet.

I bought my Viper GT at the bike show years ago for half price but it's so expensive to get there now I wouldn't save anything. Plus I can't wait until November/December.
I didn't buy my Tour X4 at the bike show

I got it locally at a dealer in Yorkshire

Peaked helmets are crap on the road
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
DavidS

Post by DavidS »

Sadly, here in sunny Sussex, going for a 100 mile trail ride involves around 80 road miles so we have little choice but to road ride with a peak. It is normally ok up to legal speeds.
2014 KTM 690 ENDURO R
qcnr

Post by qcnr »

I got myself 1 of these. Reasonably priced, quite comfy, built in sun visor, but a bit
of wind noise, even with earplugs in...
https://www.ls2helmets.us/adventure/pioneer
Craig-SM

Post by Craig-SM »

DavidS wrote:Nice but a bit lairy for me. Implies a level of talent I could never attain.

The one I'm going for
http://www.thevisorshop.com/en/Arai-Tou ... 20096.aspx
Getting it from Twistmoto (as mentioned in the ABR editorial a few days ago) for £450!!!
Just bought the same colour scheme myself. Was a toss up between the white and grey, both great but grey won.
DavidS

Post by DavidS »

Craig-SM wrote:
DavidS wrote:Nice but a bit lairy for me. Implies a level of talent I could never attain.

The one I'm going for
http://www.thevisorshop.com/en/Arai-Tou ... 20096.aspx
Getting it from Twistmoto (as mentioned in the ABR editorial a few days ago) for £450!!!
Just bought the same colour scheme myself. Was a toss up between the white and grey, both great but grey won.
I was surprised but more than happy when it turned up in a matt finish. My wife likes it aswell so a bonus brownie point. Only about 11 million to pay back now. :)
2014 KTM 690 ENDURO R
philmedomsley

Post by philmedomsley »

I stumped up the cash and bought a overpriced rebranded Klim Krios lid. I find the helmet really comfortable from day one and extremely light eliminating my sore neck problem at the end of the day. The first day out wearing the helmet was a eight and a half hour ride out in North Wales, it never stopped pissing down. The venting and pinlock were superb. I found it impossible to steam up. I terms of stability it seems good at 90mph and has as yet not suffered from crosswind issues. Cant quite believe I am writing as I am some what careful with my cash. Worth every penny.
Hope this helps.

Return to “CLOTHING”