Which Twat Suit ?

Does my ass look big in these?
OB1

Which Twat Suit ?

Post by OB1 »

petecam wrote:But seriously, my Halvarssons suit has done great but I hate the fact it's only waterproof when you have the liner in.
I was having the same thoughts this time last year before heading off to Norway. I was persuaded by several members on this forum that Klim would be the bast way to go, so I took the plunge and bought a Klim Overland jacket from the Adventure Bike Shop for around £380. I must say, it's one of the best decisions I've made. As I rode through Sweden, I endured 7 hours of torrential rain and the jacket kept me bone dry... the same cannot be said for my boots and gloves! Since then I've bought some Klim pants and gloves, but still looking for some Goretex boots.

I was fed up with carting liners around to never use them or forgetting them when I needed them. Over suits are also a pain in the proverbial, getting them on in time and over boots, etc. Klim and the like address the problem in a much more sensible way and are, in my opinion, worth every penny.
A • AND • B • CDN • CH • CN • CY • CYM • CZ • D • DK • E • EST • ET • F • FIN • GR • HK • HR • I • IL • IRL • L • LT • LV • M • N • N-IRL • NL • P • PL • Q • RSM • S • SCO • SCV • SLO • TR • USA • YU
justrtw.com
Craig-SM

Re: Which Twat Suit ?

Post by Craig-SM »

Having spent a fair bit on bike gear in the past which has been the waterproof liner variety, the last lot by Held. Too many times I've been caught in the rain had to pull over to get the liner in which if you're not near a bridge means your base layers are going to get wet anyway. If you already have the liner in then the outer gets so wet and heavy that it takes an age to dry out.
I've now gone the Klim route with Goretex outer. The Badlands that I have was quite painful to part with the cash but be no regrets as it's the most comfortable and waterproof kit I've had. The build quality is a big step up too. My only regret is I didn't go this route in the first place.
Ming

Post by Ming »

Another shout for Klim.
I have a Traverse jacket which must be 7 or 8 years old that I got from the States and used for trail riding in the UK. Never leaked and I still have it although it has got marked by years of hitting the hedges/puddles/mud of Devon :(
I wore a armoured body suit which was fine for the trails but I'd want soemthing beefier for the road so have bought some D30 armour for the shoulders and elbows and used the back protector from another jacket. I'd use it all the time but it's too small to get a heated jacket etc underneath but fine for the Spring/Summer. The other jackets I have don't match up to its' build quality even after a heck of a lot of abuse.
Thing is with the Traverse, as it's at the bottom end of the Klim range you can pick them up new pretty cheaply and they do appear secondhand quite often, so maybe a cheaper way into the brand?
It's the same pro-shell outer I believe - at least it doesn't get heavy when soaked so I guess the technology is the same?
OB1

Which Twat Suit ?

Post by OB1 »

Ming wrote:I'd use it all the time but it's too small to get a heated jacket etc underneath but fine for the Spring/Summer.
When I tried the Overland on, the medium was a perfect fit for a summer jacket but I knew that I'd need to wear it throughout the year with a jumper and/or a heated vest, so, even though the large is a little baggy, I bought it with that in mind.
A • AND • B • CDN • CH • CN • CY • CYM • CZ • D • DK • E • EST • ET • F • FIN • GR • HK • HR • I • IL • IRL • L • LT • LV • M • N • N-IRL • NL • P • PL • Q • RSM • S • SCO • SCV • SLO • TR • USA • YU
justrtw.com
gbags

Post by gbags »

Moto Bikemad wrote:You need the uniform, bmw gs logos on everything in case they can't see the badge on the side of the bike. Don't forget to keep your luggage on the bike at all times.
Can someone explain why spending £500 on a BMW jacket makes you a twat but spending the same or more on another company's branded jacket is cool?

I bought my BMW trousers last year when I was in a very hot country. I could take the liner out of my cheap jacket, vent it and unzip it. The pants had shit vents, sewn in liner and you couldn't unzip them. My mate, riding in twat pants took out the liner and opened his thigh vents. He was super comfortable and I ditched my pants and had to ride in shorts.
deksawyer

Post by deksawyer »

Can someone explain why spending £500 on a BMW jacket makes you a twat but spending the same or more on another company's branded jacket is cool?
If you ride a BMW and wear BMW gear, then that makes you a twat. At least in my eyes.

Nothing personal mind.....

Oh, and Klim from me as well, and although it's very nearly KTM, I just feel like a wee bit of a twat.

D.
Stuartw

Post by Stuartw »

Don't worry about the 'Twat' bit, it's just a light hearted Micky take that has come about over the years. Think it part to everyone buying the complete outfits when Euan & Charkie did the big trips.
I.e. All the gear no idea mostly and it's kind of stuck.
And of course, for some people it's just plain old they feel like a 'Twat' in the all the gear, hence 'Twat' suit.
Same as the friendly term on ukgser for other members is 'Tossers', friendly banter (thumbs)
I think every brand has probably got said all the gear no idea types now, that could likely be referred to as Twat, but nothing beats the original. And of course so much more choice of kit these days to.
sven

Post by sven »

I'm pretty happy with my Revit Sand II outfit at around £450 from Germany as I recall (thumbs)

It's proven to be totally waterproof after being thoroughly tested in Ireland in April and the outer doesn't absorb much water, so it dries very quickly. It's also pretty cool in warm weather with the waterproof lining re,over and the vents open.

Just don't buy a white one as they get grubby very quickly
IMG_3657_2017-07-04.JPG
IMG_3657_2017-07-04.JPG (71.4 KiB) Viewed 3449 times
johnnyboxer

Post by johnnyboxer »

The trouble with Klim stuff is that it doesn't together, which is fine for offroad - but I don't like riding on the road without having the trousers and jacket zipped together at the waist
Does the Badlands zip together, because my Traverse stuff doesn't
All the BMW stuff does and it's interchangeable so it's fab for that (thumbs)
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
Craig-SM

Post by Craig-SM »

They do zip together.

Return to “CLOTHING”