Which Twat Suit ?

Does my ass look big in these?
petecam

Re: Which Twat Suit ?

Post by petecam »

I do already have some Klim kit for trail riding.
I have the Traverse pant and Powercross pullover.
The Pullover has been great. I originally had one that leaked in the arms and it was replaced for a new one under guarantee by Goretex. That's always good to know.
I haven't been so impressed with the Traverse pants as the velcro failed on the lower legs meaning it doesn't seal tight against my boots. I'm on my second set and they have both done the same. I know just wrap duct tape around the bottom :dry:
The Traverse gear is more suited to trail riding so doesn't have built in amour or the abrasion resistance of the higher spec gear.
I think you need to go to the Latitude kit or upwards for touring and trail riding. The higher end kit does zip together although from what I can see only at the back?/
cheers
johnnyboxer

Post by johnnyboxer »

Craig-SM wrote:They do zip together.
Good, it must just be my Traverse then
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
SilentDiver

Post by SilentDiver »

OB1 wrote: but still looking for some Goretex boots.
Take a look at Daytona full Gore-Tex lining.

I am in the same boat looking for new gear but now have my choices down to the Klim Badlands, (wanted the Overland but that doesn't seem to be available anymore), or the Touratech stuff.
Craig-SM

Post by Craig-SM »

Not Gorteex boots but the Forma Adventure (Drytex) have never leaked on me yet despite some monumental downpours. Comfy and well priced too.
bensandman

Post by bensandman »

I have this... http://www.ghostbikes.com/products/2198 ... 6aEALw_wcB
In my opinion its just as good as the expensive stuff, and I have more money left over to spend on petrol B)
richardbd

Post by richardbd »

Craig-SM wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:48 am They do zip together.
Oh no they don't...
Craig-SM

Post by Craig-SM »

Yes the Badlands do in the latest version. I assume you have an old one.
http://www.adventure-spec.com/default/r ... /id/11368/
wispyone

Post by wispyone »

I've just come across this post and found it an interesting read as I'm tempted on a new suit.

At the moment I have a street guard suit that I got as a second hand bargain, but as much as I love the suit it's getting a bit old now so I decided to pop down to Allan Jeffries BMW to see what the Rallye suit was like.
Bloody hell, the jacket fit like a glove straight off the peg, so comfortable, not the usual cardboard feel you get with new kit. My only concern was there is no thermal inner like my street guard suit. If I was to go ahead with it I would probably take the inner that I have and try the jacket for comfort and fit again.

To make matters worse the chap at the dealers said full suit is a grand, 2 year guarantee..........and can be bought over 2 years at 0% , just over 40 quid a month.
petecam

Post by petecam »

Well I spent a lot of time looking into this. After a while I eliminated the Klim gear. The Lattude and the Carlsbad suits were nearly £1100 and I didn't really think the quality and feel was up to the ticket price. They didn't feel like they'd stand up to much abuse and were not comfortable, they also sized up a bit weird on me.

What I was really impressed with was the "Dane" gear it's not so common but after trying it on the feel and quality was super. However again you're looking at the worse side of £1k. But it is Goretex with a lifetime guarantee.

In the end I went for the Revit Horizon suite. It has an outer waterproof membrane but it's not Goretex so that means it's considerably cheaper. The quality and feel of the suit is very good. It has a 2 year warranty. The whole suite was about £550.

I'm doing a trip to France and Luxembourg soon so I'll let you know how I get on with it.

Cheers
Pete

Return to “CLOTHING”