Fading eyesight solutions?

Does my ass look big in these?
Redmurty

Re: Fading eyesight solutions?

Post by Redmurty »

SteveR wrote:
Redmurty wrote:eat some carrots

you never see a rabbit with glasses (thumbs)

I use varifocals

cheers Spud ;)
But you get lost.... :whistle:
I am never lost I know precisely where I am at all times, but I don't necessary know where I am relates to the rest of the globe :whistle:

cheers Spud ;)
Life... it's not a dress rehearsal

You don't waste time... you waste yourself
Gedge

Post by Gedge »

Forget glasses...for the price of a second hand trail bike you can have perfect vision without them...https://www.opticalexpress.co.uk/lens-s ... eplacement
Wife had it done 2 years ago and the results are amazing...from not being ablt to do anything without one or other pair of specs, she now doesnt need them at all ( although in very low light or tiny ( font 4 etc) ) a cheap pair of reading specs are a bonus ....
flipflopdog

Post by flipflopdog »

.....As per what Ollydog said, I had one eye lazer treated and have what they call mono-vision. takes a while for the brain to get used to it but it solved the same problem your having, clocks and dashboard reading. Still need glasses for ultra close up work mind...
ollydog

Post by ollydog »

me to, once i got my eyes done i never shut the fuxk up for ages best £3k i ever spent
steve
SteveR

Post by SteveR »

Redmurty wrote:

I am never lost I know precisely where I am at all times, but I don't necessary know where I am relates to the rest of the globe :whistle:

cheers Spud ;)
Once a Matelot.... :whistle:
SteveR

Post by SteveR »

flipflopdog wrote:.....As per what Ollydog said, I had one eye lazer treated and have what they call mono-vision. takes a while for the brain to get used to it but it solved the same problem your having, clocks and dashboard reading. Still need glasses for ultra close up work mind...
This is what the Optician suggested could be achieved with Contacts..

My concern was a loss in 3D vision and if it affected depth perception?
Grahamkevinbutler

Post by Grahamkevinbutler »

I was at the doctors and he sent me for a mot, he told me I should have had one when I turned 50, I'm 54, I've always been 5'6 and about 12 and a half stone.
What concerns me he told me I'm 5'4 and 12 and half stone, where the hell has the 2 inches gone, I've alway had tall bikes, bmw adv now the Africa twin aprilia millie, in about 10 years a monkey bike may be to big for me,,,,
I use the voltx full lenses +1's for a few years and find them good quality, lasts well and they rap round the head well in the helmet, I wish they did a shaded pair in full lenses.
SteveR

Post by SteveR »

Good thread, helpful and interesting. (thumbs)
HarveyCamm

Post by HarveyCamm »

+1 for the Voltex option for me, cheap enough to break and not worry (thumbs) (thumbs) I've had no problems with them steaming up in action
Cheers
Harv
flipflopdog

Post by flipflopdog »

SteveR wrote:
flipflopdog wrote:.....As per what Ollydog said, I had one eye lazer treated and have what they call mono-vision. takes a while for the brain to get used to it but it solved the same problem your having, clocks and dashboard reading. Still need glasses for ultra close up work mind...
This is what the Optician suggested could be achieved with Contacts..

My concern was a loss in 3D vision and if it affected depth perception?
Side effects.... depth perception for a short while, 'Xmas treeing' which is a night time thing with street lights, you see half a dozen instead of one when squinting. A general overall weird sensation which again is the brain catching up for a couple of months. Overall money well spent..!!

Return to “CLOTHING”