Klim Badlands

Does my ass look big in these?
Grahamkevinbutler

Re: Klim Badlands

Post by Grahamkevinbutler »

I've had my badlands two years, on tour it's heavy but well armoured, it will keep you dry and warm, in very hot climates it's to warm even with all the vents open.
day to day I use klim blade jacket it's light and will keep you dry and it looks good on adventure bike or sports bikes,
I find I wear a mid layer with this jacket, off road I use the powerxross jacket not armoured but I use a decent body armer with it, trousers I use the klim traverse for off road, light and will keep you dry.
What ever you decide with the klim gear you will not be disappointed, it's well worth the money it will last a very long time
Wonkyconk

Post by Wonkyconk »

I found it too heavy to be practical, maybe if I was riding Russia I'd love it, for where I ride it was too hot and too heavy.
Blade Runner

Post by Blade Runner »

I have recently been looking at some textile clothing and looked at this jacket, it seems really nice, feels good on but I can't get past the cost :unsure: . I'm looking at the halvarssons prime jacket as an alternative which also feels really nice on and appears very well made but is cheaper.
mechanic

Post by mechanic »

The prime jacket is made to an excellent spec and standard, the price is also more in the ballpark for most.
Grahamkevinbutler

Post by Grahamkevinbutler »

Blade Runner wrote:I have recently been looking at some textile clothing and looked at this jacket, it seems really nice, feels good on but I can't get past the cost :unsure: . I'm looking at the halvarssons prime jacket as an alternative which also feels really nice on and appears very well made but is cheaper.

The wife has that jacket, she likes it and it seems not that heavy,
Craig-SM

Post by Craig-SM »

I came round to Klim gear last year and wish I had done so years ago as I've spent a fortune in the past trying to find the right kit. Getting drenched to the underwear in a downpour last year made me look at better gear
Tim B KTM

Post by Tim B KTM »

I wanted klim but ended up with a moose racing textile expedition jacket and trousers. Can't compare but can recommend if you want something light for warmer riding. Easier on the wallet too.
Seminole

Post by Seminole »

Second thoughts were I always were textile clothing and if there is kit that offers that level of protection, can you afford not to buy it? Most of us now someone who has suffered injuries from a fall, often life changers
Sorry, but an 800 quid jacket won't protect you from life changing injuries any more than a 150 quid jacket would.
Both are just jackets with some armour that will save you from abrasions and mild impacts, no more.
johnnyboxer

Post by johnnyboxer »

Tim B KTM wrote:I wanted klim but ended up with a moose racing textile expedition jacket and trousers. Can't compare but can recommend if you want something light for warmer riding. Easier on the wallet too.
http://www.mooseracing.com/products/?categoryId=1544
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like

Return to “CLOTHING”