Washing a Rukka Arma S jacket?

Does my ass look big in these?
ciderdrinker

Washing a Rukka Arma S jacket?

Post by ciderdrinker »

Hi all. I'm wanting to wash my 12 month old Rukka Arma S jacket prior to sending it back to get a couple of zips repaired. Has anybody got any advice on the best way to wash it? The care label says 40 degrees, no bleach, no tumble dry and low temp ironing. Seems a bit too easy to me. Any ideas? Turn inside put etc? Best soap to use? I think it says non-bio powder but is there something better to use?

Thanks!!
anthony29040

Re: Washing a Rukka Arma S jacket?

Post by anthony29040 »

wash at 30 degrees non bio washing powder air dry untill just damp and tumble dry for last bit to dry.dont forget to take out all armour and any liners and wash one item at a time.thats how i did my rukka jacket and the ones before that.hope this helps.

cheers tony.
funky

Post by funky »

Better still when you send it back for the zip repair get them to wash it (thumbs)
Morseman

Post by Morseman »

I'm glad someone else sent their kit back for new zips after 12 months. I did with my RST two piece leathers and was told, by friends, that I should have claimed off RST!

The thing is, I have to admit that I give my riding kit a hard time. 5,000 miles on a 125 March 2016 to November 2016 then 8,000 miles from November to March 2017 on an MT-07 Tracer.

So, since the RST leathers had 'normal' zips it was no wonder they started to give up.

In future, I will look for more chunky zips.
mjojom

Post by mjojom »

i would not tumble dry any of my goretex kit, no way! in fact i would not tumble dry any kit that has any sort of laminate waterproof protection. same goes for anything hot, inc radiator drying!
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

mjojom wrote:i would not tumble dry any of my goretex kit, no way! in fact i would not tumble dry any kit that has any sort of laminate waterproof protection. same goes for anything hot, inc radiator drying!
Instruction label on Klim Latitude "tumble dry medium or steam iron warm :whistle:
ciderdrinker

Post by ciderdrinker »

funky wrote:Better still when you send it back for the zip repair get them to wash it (thumbs)
Not a chance. The firm I bought it off in this country said that they've known Rukka Finland send them back un-repaired due to them not being washed first. They've quoted a 5-6 week turnaround so I'm not chancing turning it into a 10-12 week turnaround.
anthony29040

Post by anthony29040 »

http://www.rukka.com/motorsport/product-care

this is what rukka says which includes tumble drying.think rukka must have it wrong then :whistle:
Redmurty

Post by Redmurty »

if you are using your own washing machine clean out the soap dispenser and get rid of the detergent in there, use tech was and follow the label inside (thumbs)

cheers Spud ;)
Life... it's not a dress rehearsal

You don't waste time... you waste yourself
qcnr

Post by qcnr »

Use Tech Wash products to maintain waterproofing.
GoreTex should be tumble dried to maintain the membrane.
From Gore tex website:
https://www.gore-tex.co.uk/support/washing-instructions
Line dry your garment, or tumble dry it on a warm, gentle cycle. Once it is dry, tumble dry your garment for 20 minutes to reactivate the durable water-repellent (DWR) treatment on the outer fabric.

Return to “CLOTHING”