THH TX-27 helmet - any good?

Does my ass look big in these?
andrew882

THH TX-27 helmet - any good?

Post by andrew882 »

Hey all,

Came across these helmets whilst looking for an 'adventure' type lid - anyone had one? are they any good?

http://www.ghostbikes.com/13980-thh-tx- ... elmet.html

If they're rubbish does anyone have any recommendations for something better (preferably under £150)?

Cheers!

Andrew
Andi_Archer

Re: THH TX-27 helmet - any good?

Post by Andi_Archer »

I purchased one of the Afx Fx-41DS Marpat Helmets for £155 deliverd and used it at BMW off road last week.Very comfy,lots of vents and gives a good all round view through the inbuilt visor.You can pick up different colours or even the older AFX FX-39 model at slightly less if you want.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Afx-Fx-41DS-M ... e91ztJMKSA

Review at Revzilla https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/afx ... pat-helmet

ledwardio

Post by ledwardio »

I can't comment on the THH model, sorry.

The LS2 MX436 helmet gets some really good reviews, including ABR. I'm considering one but really want to try on for size rather than buy online but no LS2 stockists near me seem to have this model:

http://www.mandp.co.uk/ls2-mx436-pionee ... elmet.html

(newer colours are available elsewhere and prices seem to vary)
andrew882

Post by andrew882 »

Andi - looks like the same helmet under a different badge - interesting to see...have you used it on the road? how was the wind noise?

Ledwardio - Thanks for that, I'd not come across that one before, it looks pretty good too. I know what you mean about buying online though, I'm not sure about it myself.
Andi_Archer

Post by Andi_Archer »

andrew882 wrote:Andi - looks like the same helmet under a different badge - interesting to see...have you used it on the road? how was the wind noise?
Its not bad especially with the visor built in,I closed the chin front vent on road as it was causing a whistle at speed but otherwise OK and I didnt notice any pulling from the wind with the peak being on that you can get with other helmets.
Its an American brand so I understand and the newer model has more of a sculptured visor as opposed to the flat style fitted to the 39. As suggested in the video if you do purchase one go for the next size up for more comfort.
micksea

Post by micksea »

was it o"neall that were doing a similar helmet for about £130 and someone found an exact same helmet under a different brand name for about £90....not sure if they are still about but a few on here bought them and seemed to like them
SIF

Post by SIF »

micksea wrote:was it o"neall that were doing a similar helmet for about £130 and someone found an exact same helmet under a different brand name for about £90....not sure if they are still about but a few on here bought them and seemed to like them
That's the Ducchini dual sport, D311 against the Acerbis. Same helmet except the chin strap. Good budget helmet which I use as my trail lid.
catcitrus

Post by catcitrus »

THH are a BIG company in Taiwan --do some on line research.----and have been making helmets for years--I'm on my second--only because the latest comes with a built in sun visor. Good quality for the price--fits my head shape. Came with ACU gold sticker--although these can be "bought". There is a European base where you can get spares--I've had excellent service for spare visors, screws and the like. I've used my first one extensively offroad and its been great--lining out and washed a couple of times now. I ride with mine as a road helmet as well as I like the peak and the fresh air--it also looks like it won't cut into your spine in an an accident as it "extends well with a flat area. THH sell to O'neil, bell and others(Acerbis?) who tweak them a bit and add 30 quid!--your choice! Different helmets seem to suit different head shapes--I can't wear an Arai for example.
micksea

Post by micksea »

I"ve bumped the other thread for the o"neall helmet to the top of the listings (thumbs)
James_Death

Post by James_Death »

I have the LS2 purchased at the mcn festival last year, £69 i think i paid had just come out at the time i think.

Really like it, used on the road bike bmw r1100r have drift mount on the crown of it, around town upto about 60 wind noise not an issue without ear buds on a naked bike but need ear buds for motorway and the touring screen as with most bikes screens create there own noise, on the DR350 60mph no buds a bit noisy as i say different results from different bikes.

However i wore for my north coast 500 in biblical rain and if i had a pin lock for the visor I'm sure i would have no water ingress however due to weather i had to have visor cracked open on a lot of occasions to prevent or clear misting but using for my first off road jaunt with the dr was great, i removed visor one time and never seamed to be able to get the visor all the way to level with the peak after re fitting.

If i had purchased the Shoei gt air with its sun visor i may have worn that more than the once i have worn my shoei nxr since the shoei has no inbuilt sun visor i reach for the ls2 everytime, so £300 to £400 for the Shoei yet i ware my £70 helmet pretty much every time now.

Infact worn in my avatar for the trail quest day i did.

Return to “CLOTHING”