Shoei GT Air. Anyone using one?

Does my ass look big in these?
KTM Deano

Shoei GT Air. Anyone using one?

Post by KTM Deano »

I'm looking at getting a new helmet. I was considering the Nexx XD1 and tried it on. Great spec but the fit was not great. Whilst in the shop I was attracted to the Shoei GT Air. Lovely helmet and fitted great. Just wondered if anyone on here is using one and if so, what's your opinion?
Mike54

Re: Shoei GT Air. Anyone using one?

Post by Mike54 »

I have both and you can't in any way compare them, they're for different things. If your head is the right shape for the gt air and its fast road riding you want its a brilliant helmet. wonderfully quiet, well made, good vents etc. choose a shop where they will switch the cheek pads from larger or smaller sizes if required for it to fit, dont buy off the internet
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Everything Mike said, best lid I have ever had and love sun visor, just needs an anti mist coating on it.
john-g

Post by john-g »

Agree completely with both Mike and Nigel, had my GT-air for two years now and find it's perfect for me, especially the fitted sun visor. Over the years I've found that I have a Shoei shaped head so don't even try other makes now. Tried an Arai once but too oval where-as the Shoei seems a rounder shape that suits me.

Can't believe that anybody buys Helmets online, the size and fit are so critical and personal.
KTM Deano

Post by KTM Deano »

I've normally only bought online after trying on the correct size in a shop. The Shoei fitted like a glove.

What I also liked about the Shoei GT Air was the integrated Sena 10U bluetooth headset which is available also.
RandG

Post by RandG »

KTM Deano wrote:
What I also liked about the Shoei GT Air was the integrated Sena 10U bluetooth headset which is available also.
That is exactly the set up I have, brilliant helmet, best I've ever owner and the 10u is ace with it, completely hidden, you won't regret it.
ollydog

Post by ollydog »

john-g wrote:Agree completely with both Mike and Nigel, had my GT-air for two years now and find it's perfect for me, especially the fitted sun visor. Over the years I've found that I have a Shoei shaped head so don't even try other makes now. Tried an Arai once but too oval where-as the Shoei seems a rounder shape that suits me.

Can't believe that anybody buys Helmets online, the size and fit are so critical and personal.
i have bought on line no probs, i have tried new in a shop gave them first choice on the price, another thing with helmets that have been tried on by many people in the shop and have compressed the liner over time, like the other posts find what fits, for me its the arai so i stick with it

steve

steve
jaffa1963

Post by jaffa1963 »

I've got a GT Air and find it a great fit, quiet, well vented and the sun visor is so useful as I wear glasses.

It gets worn daily and has never given me cause to regret the purchase in the last 3 years.
Steve

jaffa1963

Triumph Tiger 800 XCX

BMW F650
gspod

Post by gspod »

My wife had a Nexx helmet (not sure which one) and she loved it - no helmet hair which is important to a woman, however..... we went on a 3 week trip round Spain and she ended up with 2 suntan triangles on her cheeks :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Dilema - comfortable, quiet helmet with no hair issues but triangles versus unknwn.

She couldn't stand the thought of the triangles every summer, despite me saying how attractive they were :whistle: :laugh: so bought a Shoei GT Air.

Has not regretted the purchase since - comfortable, quiet, loves the sun visor, hair.....well not bad, but mainly no triangles B)

She does a fair few miles on her bike so the helmet has been used a lot over the last 2 years (thumbs)

Return to “CLOTHING”