RST adventure

Does my ass look big in these?
kito

RST adventure

Post by kito »

Just seen the RST adventure jacket in a shop and liked the look of all the vents ect ( the waterproof liner can go in the bin) and though I'd see if any forum members have one what they think of it after long term use .
How durable are they to long term hard use ? Is the fabric and stitching of a good quality ?
I have other jackets for bad weather but though this would be nice for touring when the is a big difference in temperatures
micksea

Re: RST adventure

Post by micksea »

Don't know about the rst but I've just ordered a leatt gpx 5.5 jacket,about the same price but slightly different spec/features
Mac 60

Post by Mac 60 »

Hi, I had a full RST Adventure 11 set. The jacket was ok in the rain but became very heavy when wet and took some time to dry out so i always carried a waterproof to go over it. The trousers looked good but that was about all as they leaked badly in the seat. Both items where very bulky when fitted withe the standard liners. The vents on the other hand worked well in better weather and were well thought out. As for crash protection i had the miss fortune of testing that out and the suit performed very poorly to the point there wasent much left of it or the skin on my fore arms and hips. The suit was a good fit and well adjusted but the armour wasent where it should have been after the inital impact. The Jacket and trousers literally came apart. I wouldent buy again.
kito

Post by kito »

Mac 60 wrote:Hi, I had a full RST Adventure 11 set. The jacket was ok in the rain but became very heavy when wet and took some time to dry out so i always carried a waterproof to go over it. The trousers looked good but that was about all as they leaked badly in the seat. Both items where very bulky when fitted withe the standard liners. The vents on the other hand worked well in better weather and were well thought out. As for crash protection i had the miss fortune of testing that out and the suit performed very poorly to the point there wasent much left of it or the skin on my fore arms and hips. The suit was a good fit and well adjusted but the armour wasent where it should have been after the inital impact. The Jacket and trousers literally came apart. I wouldent buy again.
What sort of incident did you have ? Would other textile jackets of stood up to it or wold you have needed to be in full leathers ?
kito

Post by kito »

micksea wrote:Don't know about the rst but I've just ordered a leatt gpx 5.5 jacket,about the same price but slightly different spec/features
I have a mountain equipment jacket but that's just for walking in and also of no use in finding out if the RST gear is of any use
robson

Post by robson »

22-clothing/537709-rst-adventure-ii-any ... 0&start=10

I bought them anyway since the savings were to good to pass.
So far not bad but a bit heavy and too many vents IMO.
Mac 60

Post by Mac 60 »

kito wrote:
Mac 60 wrote:Hi, I had a full RST Adventure 11 set. The jacket was ok in the rain but became very heavy when wet and took some time to dry out so i always carried a waterproof to go over it. The trousers looked good but that was about all as they leaked badly in the seat. Both items where very bulky when fitted withe the standard liners. The vents on the other hand worked well in better weather and were well thought out. As for crash protection i had the miss fortune of testing that out and the suit performed very poorly to the point there wasent much left of it or the skin on my fore arms and hips. The suit was a good fit and well adjusted but the armour wasent where it should have been after the inital impact. The Jacket and trousers literally came apart. I wouldent buy again.
What sort of incident did you have ? Would other textile jackets of stood up to it or wold you have needed to be in full leathers ?
Over the front of the bike, heavy impact then a big slide down the road. On reflection it would have been a big crash test for any textile suit but some of my injurys happened where the most protection was built in. To be honest i havent had as big an off in any other suit to compare but id expected rightly or wrongly the suit would hold together better. Ive seen bigger slides in leathers with no injury but thats the compromise we make i suppose with textiles. I think id have fared better with an armour vest below the jacket.
The Sarge

Post by The Sarge »

I had the same issues as Mac, heavy, bulky and not brilliant at keeping you dry. A bigger issue was the waterproof liner (boil in the bag) couldn't tell if it was water getting in or perspiration trying to get out ! :pinch:
Sarge
Grimern

Post by Grimern »

I have the RST adventure Pro 2016 model.
Rode in France last summer in it. 36 degrees C on two days.
I unzipped and removed both the waterproof liner and the thermal liner.
With all the vents open it was mega. Did have to close some of the vents when back in Manchester. But it's always cold and wet there.
I would say get it and enjoy
suzivstrom650

Post by suzivstrom650 »

I have the full RST pro suit as well.Not a cheap option!in brief,summer very good,massive vents work well,Winter(or heavy rain)not so good,the outer "shell" absorbs a ridiculous amount of water which eventually seeps through.I would say for the money check out other options.

Return to “CLOTHING”