Klim Traverse on the road

Does my ass look big in these?
RavenstoneGSA

Klim Traverse on the road

Post by RavenstoneGSA »

Hi all,

I like the look of the above kit having had numerous soakings in my current kit. Its the removable goretex liner style that soaks up water in the outer layer so I fancy the fully waterproof option.

I ride pretty much every day and was wondering if anyone out there has worn Klim Travserse on a day to day basis on road as well as off? All of the reviews I've read sound great apart from the jacket not zipping to the trousers. I know its designed for off road use mainly but I'm assuming that a good waterproof layer works just as well on the road?

Cheers,

John.
Mike54

Re: Klim Traverse on the road

Post by Mike54 »

Yes, it's a great suit. It's loose in terms of cut so try before you buy.
PHILinFRANCE

Post by PHILinFRANCE »

+ 1 ..... just got my second pair and the venting system if great (thumbs)
Oop North John

Post by Oop North John »

Virtually no insulation, so this time of year needs added layers.

The trousers on road going boots aren't a tight fit, so you might get draughts up the legs, which if it's wet, might feel as if they're leaking.

Not had a problem with the jacket not zipping to the trousers, but don't assume that as your an XL in all other clothing, that you'll be a XL in the Klim kit.
Dutchgit

Post by Dutchgit »

Cracking stuff, been using it for years in all weathers from +35 degrees all the way down to snow and all in between.

Make sure the trouser legs are long enough for when you sit on the bike.
It'll end in tears I tells ya.
vRSG60

Post by vRSG60 »

Take a look at Klim Latitude.
Out On The Floor - Keep The Faith
RichP

Post by RichP »

I've got the Latitude Misano and Traverse jackets. I prefer the Traverse as a lot of my riding includes riding off of the tarmac and the Traverse gives you more room to move. The Latitude feels more substantial and might make a better jacket if your only riding on roads. Trousers wise I've only got the Latitude as I felt the Traverse were a bit baggy. As mentioned before I would recommend that you try before you buy due to the sizing - I was a XXL in my previous Revit suit but my Latitude jacket is a large and my Traverse is an Xtra Large but I wear a Forcefield armoured shirt underneath it and even with a couple of other layers there's plenty of room.
GB

Post by GB »

Traverse, everyday all year round, committing, touring, off road everything. On my second one now as the first was cut off me by the ambulance service :(
In the winter I wear heated underneath and its fine but it is not a warm jacket, more of a waterproof shell that can take armour. Tried the new version on at the NEC and its even better than the original. Never ever leaked how ever much it rains, buy with confidence.
Finally back on a GS :D
Gedge

Post by Gedge »

I finally bought Klim overland Jacket and Trousers after years of second rate waterproofs this ( fairly low spec) goretex kit was a revelation ...totally waterproof, plenty of vents for when it warms up...has armour but no thermal lining so i just bought a decathlon down jacket for underneath and so far havent needed to wear my heated vest ....quality is good, comfort is good and it does what you expect it to do...
gooseneck

Post by gooseneck »

I have a traverse suit, it's great all year round, I fit armour to the trousers,with leggings underneath for insulation if needed, and wear the jacket over my armoured leather jacket, works for me, and has kept me dry through some rough weather trips.
I would recommend the traverse myself, mine is about two years old now,done a lot of green laning and long distance road work with no issues.

Return to “CLOTHING”