I cant afford rukka so

Does my ass look big in these?
Milo Tighfield

I cant afford rukka so

Post by Milo Tighfield »

Has anyone any reviews on the Alpinestars Drystar gear. Says its waterproof but does it do as it says. :) thanks
Rangoonruns

Re: I cant afford rukka so

Post by Rangoonruns »

(thumbs) thats what it gets from me !

i have the jacket(well think its the one previous??) its been downgraded now as i wore the cuffs out, it has never leaked but my arms have got wet when rain has blew up from the wrist opening, but i am convinced any jacket would have been the same? well maybe not my old weise dynastar which had neoprene cuffs

Go for it mate dont think you will be dispointed
RandG

Post by RandG »

You'll have far more street cred in Alpinestars than Rukka anyway (thumbs)
Saint rob

Post by Saint rob »

(thumbs) I got the Astars Calama suit after initially looking at the Andes and have been impressed with it. Would recommend it, a well thought out suit with good ventilation when you need it
Current bikes: XT1200ZE, MT01, XV750se, TRS 300RR, Scorpa factory 300- still mine despite some thieving scum bag bastard currently having possession of it

Post by 03001978 »

I have Alpinestars Andes drystar gear and used it constantly for about 5 years, never leaked and still wouldn't hesitate to buy again.

However a couple of things to note.

The knee protection in the trousers always slips it is a so frustrating, constantly having to adjust and it certainly doesn't sit right when riding.

With all the winter layers on, it is bulky

The touring jacket is long, I am 6ft and I found on my Pegaso and my F800GS that the bottom of the jacket would double up on itself, which is not a problem until it rains and it fills with water. The peg fair enough isn't a particularly tall bike, but the Beemer isn't exactly small.

However, I am big fan of Alpinestars gears, as it is comfortable and is long lasting.
Only now has the outer zip on my Alpinestars jacket failed.

Cheers
CW
Sloth

Post by Sloth »

Hi ... I used Alpine Stars Drystar pants for a good few years ... couldn't fault them , completely water proof , warm with the liner in .
Cheers
anthony29040

Post by anthony29040 »

p.m sent
Mike Wright

Post by Mike Wright »

Ive had 2 Rukka jackets and the first was superb with the zip but the new one was awful so I sold it and bought a HG Gortex jacket which I think is miles better. That Rubber zip thing is effective but mine came undone a few times which was concerning even with the correct fit.
micksea

Post by micksea »

i might have a pair of alpinestars drystar trousers that I only wore a couple of times,ill have a look later

Return to “CLOTHING”