Yep, Rukka again!

Does my ass look big in these?
oilfieldtrash

Yep, Rukka again!

Post by oilfieldtrash »

I'm an all year round biker and was thinking of buying the top of the range Rukka gear. A few of the lads at work have bought it and swear by it. Only problem is, they're all fair weather Bikers.

I'm regularly out in pissing rain for 8 hours or so and was wondering if someone who owns the gear could give me a proper first hand account of how good it is....is it up to the job? I've heard all the marketing.....and I'm still not convinced.

I've searched for previous posts, but haven't found anyone testing it in lashing rain for hours on end.

Will I go for it or just stick with the Wolfmoto Outlast gear with Richa Waterproof suit on top?

Thanks in advance!

John
Malc6552

Re: Yep, Rukka again!

Post by Malc6552 »

The Klim gear is worth checking out
Paul_XRV750

Post by Paul_XRV750 »

I've been using a pair of the Rukka trousers for a couple of years now. So far they
haven't let in a drop of rain. They are warm in the cold weather and miraculously cool when it gets hot. If I had the cash I would buy the jacket also.
crofty

Post by crofty »

I have a Rukka jacket I use in winter in Scotland. Its gore tex and is dry in heavy rain all day.
qcnr

Post by qcnr »

Lindstrands, brilliant kit. Had my jacket and trousers 4 years now. Pouring rain yesterday with a 40 min ride and didn't get wet on the inside. And stayed warm
only 4C...
skygod

Post by skygod »

Ive been wearing Klim for 7 years now and love it. However Just started trialling a new Goretex Suit from Dane.
Its perfect for the UK. Ive been wearing it the last 3 weeks nearly every day in Sub Zero Temperatures and pissing rain and its faultless. We will definitely be stocking it in the new year.

Klim is great but sometimes you just don't need the versatility of the vents and offroad features.
The great philosopher Keating once said:

"Life`s a roller coaster, you just have to ride it".
ollydog

Post by ollydog »

and sometimes you do, with a bit of luck
steve
oilfieldtrash

Post by oilfieldtrash »

Thanks for the replies....keep them coming. I suppose my dilemma is.....I don't mind forking out the cash...I just want to make sure if I'm forking out that much, it's going to work!
crofty

Post by crofty »

I bought mine from FC Moto in their sales, that way I did,nt have to spend too much to try them. Currently got some gore tex jackets/trousers with 50% off. They don,t have a great choice of sizes at these prices but you might get lucky.
http://www.fc-moto.de/epages/fcm.sf/en_ ... urer=Rukka
Ourdavid

Post by Ourdavid »

I rode 250 miles through northern Spain last year in a monsoon to the ferry at Santander completely dry in my Rukka kit.

Return to “CLOTHING”