My helmet....

Does my ass look big in these?
Adrian

My helmet....

Post by Adrian »

I finally got round to treating myself to a new helmet a couple of months ago.
I went for the Nolan N90 Special Flip

http://www.hein-gericke.co.uk/shop/prod ... ts_id/7950

I have quite a large, round 'ish head! and have always struggled to get full face helmets on & off past my ears without some discomfort.

Even though, technically, I measure up as large, I found that most full face helmets felt like trying to buy jeans from Next!
A tight fit!!!
The Nolan is so comfortable, easy on & off and excellent ventilation.
Being a flip helmet, it can be a quite noisy but no worse than my previous Caberg.
The flip can be locked in the up position if you're mad enough to want to ride with it up.
The visor comes off very easy, no fuss at all and the standard visor as a very subtle tint which just filters out the bright daylight nicely.
It also has a built in flip down sun visor which can easily be operated one handed whilst riding.
Best of all was the price, £200 quid down to £160 in the Hein Gerick 40th anniversary sale.
Very pleased indeed.

Ade
TECHTEACHER

Re:My helmet....

Post by TECHTEACHER »

I have a White Caberg Konda, which is proving fine if a little noisey at higher speeds but for £120, I can't grumble
Shyhoulud

Post by Shyhoulud »

I'm currently using an Arai Chaser and the front feels a little too close to my mouth. It always steams up if I'm going slow or waiting at lights. Was looking at the Arai Tour X 2/3 as the elongated front might fit me better. Anyone tried/own one?

Post by 03001978 »

I use an Arai Tour X3 at the moment. I find it to also steams up at slow speeds, but aslong as you keep any visor clean and use an anti fog spray. It will not steam up.

A possible alternative is to use a small amount of washing up liquid (neat) and rub into the visor, it will dry clear and will stop the visor from steaming up - regulary apply (monthly)

CW
Shyhoulud

Post by Shyhoulud »

03001978 wrote:

A possible alternative is to use a small amount of washing up liquid (neat) and rub into the visor, it will dry clear and will stop the visor from steaming up - regulary apply (monthly)

CW
.....i'm going to get a face full of foam aren't I? :lol:

Post by 03001978 »

Bubble bath in your helmet!

No it will dry, works a treat. I have used this technique on my MTN Biking glasses for years!

CW
Shyhoulud

Post by Shyhoulud »

Thanks matey. I'll remember that trick :)
How do you rate the Tour X 3 by the way? Also, I saw that some places are still selling the Tour X2 and wondered if it's worth picking it up as it's alot cheaper now.

Post by 03001978 »

I find it OK - not great through, it can get a bit noisy at higher speeds and because you have a vent on the chinguard, if you use a intercom it interferes too much for the other rider / pillion to hear anything other than wind noise (even) when closed.

Fits well, its comfy even after wearing it all day.

CW
Sopwith Camel

Post by Sopwith Camel »

I used to have a Tour X2 great helmet, looks the part too.
The only issue (expected) i had with it was the peak....wind drag etc.

Over a year ago i decided to upgrade to the Tour X3.

The X2 & X3 are very different in a good way, the fit of the X3 feels better.

The vents on the X3 are better they also very well.
It also has an extra pull down chin bit which seems to work well.
The peak is also more rigid, so no movement and flexing at speed, also you can now buy the proper anti mist insert which works perfectly.

The only little complaint is with the fog insert, at night on country roads when a car comes towards you you get a slight doubling of the head lights.
I've been told this is due to the shape of the visor and insert.

Small price to pay for a great helmet.
Sopwith Camel

Post by Sopwith Camel »

03001978 wrote:
I find it OK - bit great through, it can get a bit noisy at higher speeds and because you have a vent on the chinguard, if you use a intercom it interferes too much for the other rider / pillion to hear anything other than wind noise (even) when closed.

Fits well, its comfy even after wearing it all day.

CW

I had the same issue with the intercom, i found it stops the issue if you push the mic tight against your lips.

Return to “CLOTHING”