Sidi Crossfire Motocross Boots.

Does my ass look big in these?
WIBO

Sidi Crossfire Motocross Boots.

Post by WIBO »

Based on my first pair of Sidi Crossfires,which I had for 8 plus years at a guess?..... before the whole bottom sole parted company with the leather uppers,I bought another pair.

What sells these boots for me,is the fact that you can but a pair of replacement soles,after the footpegs eat through the old ones. One pair costs €16 and the next pair will be an enduro pattern sole with a chunky grip pattern.

These boots are very light,fit well enough to wear cotton sports socks therein and that if you need to walk around in them, e.g. after parking the moto and walking to an eating place..there's no problem in doing so.

The significant changes I found from the older model was the ankle hinge pin system is better(the older ones were prone to loose the plastic retaining circlip..always had one or two in my tool box) and the sole fixing system is vastly improved.

All screw in parts apparently can be ordered....I've never had to order e.g. Kick start ankle protector in all my time but they've taken a good few scrapes and gouges.

Getting back to the sole system....the old system used a series of threaded screws to attach the sole. After off road use they corroded and after time only some would screw back in..even after new screws were purchased then the mounting holes in the actual boot itself would become corroded. Copper grease only slows this process down.

Anyhow....the system is better where the fixation for the sole is just a quarter turn and it fixes its self tightly.

Of course being an MX/Enduro boot they're not waterproof. The toe area will keep your toes dry for a spell.

These boost see a lot of use from enduros to road riding. They're my only boot and hence why I need to keep replacing the soles..they get that much use. They're not cheap but buy once and they'll last for years.I'll buy another pair I'd say when these are done :)

At the top of the boot is a strong thick elastic to hug your leg.

Strong velco to close it first before doing up the buckles.

Standard replaceable buckle system...

Standard sole is MX

Screwdriver can get a good purchase on the newly designed screws

The toe plastic covers a good proportion of the boot.

In behind this cover is the ankle hinge pins. The old style boots had them exposed.

Far better system that plastic circlips that would ping out

Screws have blue lock on them.

I went around all the boot screws when new and just nipped them up a bit more.

Will It Buff Out?
geoham

Re: Sidi Crossfire Motocross Boots.

Post by geoham »

I wear a pair of the Sidi Adventure boots and I have to say they are the best pair of boots I have had. Wearing them now for near 3 years and they are still performing well.

They are Gore-tex and and keep your feet totally dry as expected and they are warm in the winter.

You can get replacement soles at €30.00 just the same as WIBO's boots but the adventure soles need to be replaced my a professional!
nickoff

Post by nickoff »

Bloody hell, they look like something that a Storm Trooper wears. :-)
dave j

Post by dave j »

Yeah, but do have they have the Sidi "squeak"?
KTM 1290 Super Adventure T - Power!
KTM 690 Enduro R - lighter to pick up
Husqvarna Svartpilen 401 - Fun.

Even our dogs are orange.

Only bikers understand why dogs put their heads out of car windows.
WIBO

Post by WIBO »

dave j wrote:Yeah, but do have they have the Sidi "squeak"?

Of course!!!.....it's the same as a Land Rover and their quirks....character I think they call it :laugh: :laugh:

:)
Will It Buff Out?
Andi_Archer

Post by Andi_Archer »

nickoff wrote:Bloody hell, they look like something that a Storm Trooper wears. :-)
Im drewling already I bet those are expensive though B) :woohoo:
johnnyboxer

Post by johnnyboxer »

Andi_Archer wrote:
nickoff wrote:Bloody hell, they look like something that a Storm Trooper wears. :-)
Im drewling already I bet those are expensive though B) :woohoo:
£300
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
kito

Post by kito »

I had the gortex adventure boot. They literally fell to bits . All the stitching fell out on most seames and they are a bit narrow fit. I'm loving my crossfire boots so far though. My sole is stitched on . Hope I get 8 years.
jonperry64

Post by jonperry64 »

In case anyone's interested, they've got several pairs of these (crossfire 2,srs)on clearance at Fowler's in Bristol. £249 which is about £100 off. You have to put up with garish white or flouro green though!
Wonkyconk

Post by Wonkyconk »

Great bits of kit, I had a pair second hand when I started out then foolishly thought all boots would be that good so bought a different brand pair brand new, sold them after a week and saved up for another pair of crossfires and haven't looked back.

Return to “CLOTHING”