Bike Clothing sizing

Does my ass look big in these?
ripper

Bike Clothing sizing

Post by ripper »

Is it me or is bike gear getting smaller! Don't get me wrong I Know I'm a fat b'stard but I think that the Chinese inch is 20mm not 25 as it should be, its taken me 6 months to find a bloody jacket that fits
I wanted a Weise Zurich jacket in 5xl (54") tape measure out measure away yep should fit sent for it 5XL arrived and 5" to small
J&S Urban looked at size chart tried 56" (7XL) it came 6" to small sent back talked to girl on phone she said they come a bit small I've ended up getting one in 11XL which should be for a 66" chest what is bloody happening ?
Sleepy

Re: Bike Clothing sizing

Post by Sleepy »

I don't think it's just bike clothing.. It seems to be any made in China.

I recently bought two pairs of jeans from Marks & Sparks, both the same size, but only tried on one pair, the pair I didn't try on were about 32" instead of 36".

Had a similar problem with some Craghopper shorts, had to buy a size 38"! to fit, the wife has had the same problem with sizes being completely inaccurate...
Redsoul

Post by Redsoul »

I found similar with trainers....for 25 years I was a size 10 but last cpl of years a 10 is too small and now have to buy 10.5-11.
daytona-supersport

Post by daytona-supersport »

Who nicked all the crisps and doughnuts? :laugh:

OK, now breath out. :laugh:

Try wearing tights or hold up stockings instead of those thick socks. :kiss:

My wife used to be a size ten, now she's a size :woohoo: .

Go on a diet. :laugh:

Go for a dump. :(

Test. Try on a pair of trousers that you have had and last worn 4 or 5 years ago. Do they still fit? Are they a bit tight? There's your answer. Simples. :P

Just a thought. Do you ride a 1200 BMW?

That's muscle that is. B)
ripper

Post by ripper »

No I ride a 1100 GS
Diet- wash your mouth out with soap
I dump on a regular basis
and do breath out
the trousers I had 5yrs ago were rags two years ago :P

I'm not disputing that I'm fat I took a tape measure and measure away and ordered the correct size as per the charts on both sites, but to be so far out is farsical
How are you expected to get the correct size kit if the manufacturer can't measure the bloody stuff properly

Return to “CLOTHING”