Klim

Does my ass look big in these?
Milo Tighfield

Re: Klim

Post by Milo Tighfield »

Cheers. I suppose it makes sense. (thumbs)
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

You're best trying Klim kit on before buying if you can but if not then I'd buy a size smaller than you'd normally take.

Size chart here:
http://www.klim.com/Size-Chart.html
Milo Tighfield

Post by Milo Tighfield »

AndyB wrote:You're best trying Klim kit on before buying if you can but if not then I'd buy a size smaller than you'd normally take.

Size chart here:
http://www.klim.com/Size-Chart.html
Thanks for the link, I am thinking the Overland Jacket for general use, I'm not about to start riding around the world, just dont want to get soaked if out and about around Wales or somewhere. I'm just a road rider :) I have bought several jackets and the old adage of buy cheap pay twice springs to mind, thats why I have decided on the klim gear.
Mike54

Post by Mike54 »

The Overland has an "american offroad" cut, so if you're normally an XL say, you may well need a large only. Best advice is go to a dealer and try them.
Milo Tighfield

Post by Milo Tighfield »

Mike54 wrote:The Overland has an "american offroad" cut, so if you're normally an XL say, you may well need a large only. Best advice is go to a dealer and try them.
I will be honest I dont know what an off road cut is. Could anyone advise what would be suited for general road riding.
Agent Orange

Post by Agent Orange »

I went down a size. XXL/XL to a large and still room for a fleece type top under. If you can try before hand. I was shocked how big they were.
Ignore the bitching, there's always someone who doesn't like something or other (thumbs)
EricKTM@

Post by EricKTM@ »

Just on Klim gear, I first bought the Klim Traverse suit in Grey second hand from the states for half the money for a lad that had it on only a handful of times and I had it in every day use for a year. I loved it and it kept me dry but the light grey got very dirty looking so I gave up and cleaned it and sold it on.
Now one of the things with that jacket is you have to wear armour under it and you had to layer up.

So that got me thinking and the cheaper Klim jackets are their snow mobile range and they have the same features as the traverse where material etc is concerned but with an addition of thermal lining. So I bought the black and blue kinetic and for pants I bought the Klim Dakar pant. I wear them all year round. The jacket is 100% water proof but the pants aren't as their not gortex. I wear rain bottoms over them but I like the air flow in them. Been wearing them now for two years and next week I'm ordering the new Dakar pants.

That's just me though. You might prefer gortex pants so the latitude would be the one to go for.
"In the spirit of adventure, open to all riders and carrying a message of friendship between all men"- Thierry Sabine 1977 founder of the Paris Dakar -
Milo Tighfield

Post by Milo Tighfield »

Right I have done a search and Adventure Bike Warehouse is not to far from me. I will have a ride over soon and seek their advice.

I believe something is only worth what you are prepared to pay. :)
XR400STUPOT

Post by XR400STUPOT »

I've been riding off road bikes for 3 decades plus and have used many brands of kit. I started using Klim gear a couple of years back. Most of the guys that I ride with use it, and for good reason, buying quality kit doesn't cost, it pays.
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

Milo Tighfield wrote:Right I have done a search and Adventure Bike Warehouse is not to far from me. I will have a ride over soon and seek their advice.

I believe something is only worth what you are prepared to pay. :)
That's the way to go then. If it's not a long way then get yourself over there and try one on before buying but if I were you I'd give them a bell and tell them you're coming over and what size you think you'll need so they can have one in stock.

Return to “CLOTHING”