Klim

Does my ass look big in these?
ollydog

Klim

Post by ollydog »

Gents or Ladies,
Anyone actually wear the Klim Latitude jacket and what are your honest oppions, is it worth the £550 price tag

Ta

Steve
Bernard Smith

Re: Klim

Post by Bernard Smith »

Most people who bought one will say it's worth it.

Wouldn't you ..... after being parted from £550? :whistle:

Reader’s Digest on TOUCHING THE WORLD - “…rueful, irreverent, always incredibly vivid, unfailingly honest, a powerful love story in a book crammed with astonishing achievements.”

http://www.worldtour.org.uk

http://www.amazon.co.uk/product-reviews ... wpoints=1/
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Love the jacket, whether it`s worth £550 only you can decide
vRSG60

Post by vRSG60 »

I have one, didn't pay £550 so can't say on the worth (FC Moto). I'd have another, but not in the new colour scheme.
Out On The Floor - Keep The Faith
greyhoundgriff

Post by greyhoundgriff »

Yeh, I bought one recently from Adventure Bike Shop at Acton. Very pleased. It poured down on first ride out and I was nice and dry. Mate with Hein Gericke and Goretex liner was dry but cold and jacket dripped water all over the cafe floor at Barnard Castle!!!
You definately need extra layers to keep warm though, not very warm on their own.
They are dear, but I think I'm pleased I bought it. Badlands just a step too far though in cost and design.
Cheers
Griff
KTM Deano

Post by KTM Deano »

I've got the Lattitude and it's good. Make sure you get the 'Misano' version though as its a bit softer than the standard earlier version which is like wearing stiff cardboard. Get that and you'll be walking like the tin man from the Wizard of Oz!

Greyhoundgriff is right about the extra layers. But it's fantastic in warm weather with loads of vents to get the air pouring through and let your heat out.

My only complaint (like many others) about this is the piss poor velcro on the front pockets. It really should have YKK thick zips as standard. That's the only thing that lets it down.
jaffa1963

Post by jaffa1963 »

I've got the previous incarnation of the Latitude gear, "latitude Misano" and love it. However someone on the Tiger 800 forum juct bought the new jacket and was not at all impressed.

Here is the link to his review. Klim Latitude review
Steve

jaffa1963

Triumph Tiger 800 XCX

BMW F650
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

greyhoundgriff wrote:Yeh, I bought one recently from Adventure Bike Shop at Acton. Very pleased. It poured down on first ride out and I was nice and dry. Mate with Hein Gericke and Goretex liner was dry but cold and jacket dripped water all over the cafe floor at Barnard Castle!!!
You definately need extra layers to keep warm though, not very warm on their own.
They are dear, but I think I'm pleased I bought it. Badlands just a step too far though in cost and design.
Cheers
Griff
Agree about the Hein Gericke I had exactly the same problem and after freezing my nuts off on two occasions got a Latitude earlier version which is stiff but wears in, and yes the velcro is crap :angry: to stay warm wear extra layer, no probs (thumbs)
bond_yzf

Post by bond_yzf »

Had my klim kit 3yrs now and it's been great all year round.

I usually go through a kit a year so buying the klim kit has been a good choice.

Buy right buy once
Agent Orange

Post by Agent Orange »

Got the Badlands Pro, very stiff at first, wear mine daily and it's now bedded in a superb. Need a base layer as mentioned, saying that I always remove the standard liners and use my own layers. Velcro no probs at all, I actually thought the Velcro was a vast improvement on the previous jackets I've owned from HG, Arlen Ness, Spidi etc

Return to “CLOTHING”