Klim

Does my ass look big in these?
jaffa1963

Re: Klim

Post by jaffa1963 »

Ken Shabby wrote:You can buy an excellent waterproof, breathable jacket for half that price - one which includes a thermal liner...

Klim is made in China, why pay an American company 550 quid for something that will be costing them at most 10% of that ex-factory..?

You're being mugged off if you do. Big time.
Ken,

I've bought cheaper supposedly waterproof gear that quite frankly isn't. I've just cleared out our spare room. 4 waterproof jackets binned. Manchester is often wet so I'd consigned myself to wearing waterproofs over my bike gear which makes life really sweaty.

Enter a set of Klim Latitude Misano on a mates recommendation. All of a sudden I've got a suit that does summer heat, summer rain and winter riding with nothing more than my merino thermals and a T-shirt underneath. The vents are truly ace in summer ride outs or spring/ autumn town riding.

And the best thing is the rain runs off, so I stop, shake myself like a dog and I'm dry; while my fellow riders leave huge puddles around and squelch along as they walk due to the water sodden outer layers.

I promise you, Ken, it will be the most cost effective purchase you ever make with regard to bike gear.
Steve

jaffa1963

Triumph Tiger 800 XCX

BMW F650
Ken Shabby

Post by Ken Shabby »

jaffa1963 wrote:
Ken Shabby wrote:You can buy an excellent waterproof, breathable jacket for half that price - one which includes a thermal liner...

Klim is made in China, why pay an American company 550 quid for something that will be costing them at most 10% of that ex-factory..?

Ken,

I've bought cheaper supposedly waterproof gear that quite frankly isn't. I've just cleared out our spare room. 4 waterproof jackets binned. Manchester is often wet so I'd consigned myself to wearing waterproofs over my bike gear which makes life really sweaty.

Enter a set of Klim Latitude Misano on a mates recommendation. All of a sudden I've got a suit that does summer heat, summer rain and winter riding with nothing more than my merino thermals and a T-shirt underneath. The vents are truly ace in summer ride outs or spring/ autumn town riding.

And the best thing is the rain runs off, so I stop, shake myself like a dog and I'm dry; while my fellow riders leave huge puddles around and squelch along as they walk due to the water sodden outer layers.

I promise you, Ken, it will be the most cost effective purchase you ever make with regard to bike gear.
No sorry as I say I'm not paying over 500 pounds for something made in China, just so some fat American can get even fatter off the 900% profit margin he's just made out of me, whilst laughing all the way to the bank.

At the end of the day, a couple of quids' worth of silicone proofer will provide exactly the same 'water running off' effect you describe...

But as the saying goes, "there are none so blind as those that refuse to see" and I've had this discussion before with people who have paid 600 quid for an Arai helmet which only scores 3 out of 5 in the SHARP test (lower than some 40 quid Chinese polycarbs) but still simply refuse to apply their critical faculties and choose to believe marketing men rather than empirical, independent, scientific evidence.

So I know when I'm flogging a dead horse.

Waste your money as you will.
Ken Shabby

Post by Ken Shabby »

Mike54 wrote:

You have no idea what you're talking about. Absolutely none. And frankly if someone is coming at it from a position of such epic ignorance I can't be arsed to explain basic economics and particularly how Gore works in the way it deals with manufacturers. And we don't even sell Klim so I have no axe to grind.
So don't bother - means less than nothing to me either way, as I've no interest in the edification of a moron.

Other manufacturers provide Goretex lined (BTW I've worked for Gore in their medical division - have you..?) jackets for around 50% of the RRP of the ripoff Klim - so clearly it can be done.
bond_yzf

Post by bond_yzf »

Well in that case I'm loving this being mugged off business as it saves me money and I end up with a decent kit
bond_yzf

Post by bond_yzf »

Ken Shabby wrote:
jaffa1963 wrote:

Ken,

No sorry as I say I'm not paying over 500 pounds for something made in China, just so some fat American can get even fatter off the 900% profit margin he's just made out of me, whilst laughing all the way to the bank.

At the end of the day, a couple of quids' worth of silicone proofer will provide exactly the same 'water running off' effect you describe...

But as the saying goes, "there are none so blind as those that refuse to see" and I've had this discussion before with people who have paid 600 quid for an Arai helmet which only scores 3 out of 5 in the SHARP test (lower than some 40 quid Chinese polycarbs) but still simply refuse to apply their critical faculties and choose to believe marketing men rather than empirical, independent, scientific evidence.

So I know when I'm flogging a dead horse.

Waste your money as you will.
What absolute load of shite
Ken Shabby

Post by Ken Shabby »

"What absolute load of shite "

LOL sorry pal if you've been gulled...but there you go. Take it as a life lesson and move on.

One born every minute - looks like one of them is you.

Tough to accept, but there you go. Truth hurts sometimes.

You're a mug if you buy Klim at UK prices.

End of.

PS don't tell me - you wear and Arai too? If so - ROFL!
boatman

Post by boatman »

Been riding since 16. Nearer 60 than 50 now,
Lost count of the number of bike suits /jackets.
So far the Klim badlands suit trousers combo is by far and away the best kit ever
Durable ,water proof, ventable,armoured, all in all quality kit
It's been the whole length of America California toCanada /Alaska back twice,
It's twice been Scotland to the Nordkapp, loads of Europe trips.
Never ever had water inside, always vents well .
What's not to like ,it's only a few quid in the grand scheme of things
bond_yzf

Post by bond_yzf »

Ken Shabby wrote:"What absolute load of shite "

LOL sorry pal if you've been gulled...but there you go. Take it as a life lesson and move on.

End of.

:laugh:

Yep like I said I'm loving being mugged off..

Like I said before I go through a kit a year at say £200-£400 so I decide to buy the klim kit that's going on 3 years and is still as good as new after being through quite a bit.

Not to mention the fact that I can use the same kit all year round.

So you keep believing that I'm be mugged off because if I am then bring it on :laugh:

And no I don't currently wear an Arai,after buying the klim I'm skint :whistle:

I'll let you get back to your one foot in the grave
Ken Shabby

Post by Ken Shabby »

bond_yzf wrote:
Ken Shabby wrote:"What absolute load of shite "

End of.

:laugh:

Yep like I said I'm loving being mugged off..

Like I said before I go through a kit a year at say £200-£400 so I decide to buy the klim kit that's going on 3 years and is still as good as new after being through quite a bit.

Not to mention the fact that I can use the same kit all year round.

So you keep believing that I'm be mugged off because if I am then bring it on :laugh:

And no I don't currently wear an Arai,after buying the klim I'm skint :whistle:

I'll let you get back to your one foot in the grave
Yep you're a mug who's paid five times the amount he needed to. Glad we got that cleared up to both our satisfaction.

But I'll toddle off now because aren't you the bloke who starts making physical threats against people who disagree with him I seem to remember a while back?

Or am I mistaken..?
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

I cocked up by buying one too big so I could wear it over a load of winter kit and it was both too warm and too big when I dropped most of the thermals but overall it was a very good jacket and if I was looking for a new jacket I'd buy Klim. If that makes me a mug then so be it and as long as I'm a happy mug I'll sleep well at night.

Return to “CLOTHING”