Klim

Does my ass look big in these?
Chewy750

Re: Klim

Post by Chewy750 »

Had a latitude misano jacket for 3 years, wear all the time, its good, but didn't pay £550, they are going for £259 on FC-Moto at the moment (I paid about £300 I think). The only complaint I have is the fact that there is no thermal liner, but a fleece or something else underneath is just as good. Never leaked no matter what has been thrown at it.
Ken Shabby

Post by Ken Shabby »

You can buy an excellent waterproof, breathable jacket for half that price - one which includes a thermal liner...

Klim is made in China, why pay an American company 550 quid for something that will be costing them at most 10% of that ex-factory..?

You're being mugged off if you do. Big time.
Mike54

Post by Mike54 »

Ken Shabby wrote:You can buy an excellent waterproof, breathable jacket for half that price - one which includes a thermal liner...

Klim is made in China, why pay an American company 550 quid for something that will be costing them at most 10% of that ex-factory..?

You have no idea what you're talking about. Absolutely none. And frankly if someone is coming at it from a position of such epic ignorance I can't be arsed to explain basic economics and particularly how Gore works in the way it deals with manufacturers. And we don't even sell Klim so I have no axe to grind.
boboneleg

Post by boboneleg »

I'm interested in the views of people who wear Klim jackets as I have just bought an Overland jacket this weekend. Haven't had a chance to wear it yet but it looks well made.

I've had a pair of Klim trousers for a few years, they have been excellent and their gloves are the most waterproof I've ever worn.
one-legged adventurer
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

Mike54 wrote:
Ken Shabby wrote:You can buy an excellent waterproof, breathable jacket for half that price - one which includes a thermal liner...

You have no idea what you're talking about. Absolutely none. And frankly if someone is coming at it from a position of such epic ignorance I can't be arsed to explain basic economics and particularly how Gore works in the way it deals with manufacturers. And we don't even sell Klim so I have no axe to grind.
I'll bet you're gutted you had that one off me :)

Don't come asking for a refund now you know you could have done better because I don't do refunds after 14 days :whistle:
cadoganpier

Post by cadoganpier »

I've got a Klim Overland suit and its by far the best bit of kit I've ever had, head and shoulders better than anything else I've used in the past, tough as well. Ken Shabby hasn't got a clue what he is talking about.
pinball1008

Post by pinball1008 »

Bob, I have a Traverse, which I think is similar to the Overland. It's been totally waterproof, comfortable and I prefer to be able to utilize my own layers under it for warmth and great venting for the summer. I've fallen off a fair few times in it and it's wearing better than I expected. I certainly don't feel "mugged off"
Not all those wandering are lost
Mike54

Post by Mike54 »

AndyB wrote:
Mike54 wrote:

I'll bet you're gutted you had that one off me :)

Don't come asking for a refund now you know you could have done better because I don't do refunds after 14 days :whistle:
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

You pays your money you take your choice, knew it would end up with Klim being slagged off, best jacket/trousers I`ve every had, wear them year round except when I wear leather jacket and jeans (rarely) if I`ve been ripped off I am happy with what I have and ain`t going to be buying again for a few years yet (thumbs)
RichP

Post by RichP »

Hi I've got as Latitude Misano jacket that I found great for touring/road work but a bit restrictive for trail riding. Since bought a Traverse jacket and find it much comfier for anything offroad. Combined with a Forcefield shirt i think it's a perfect set up.

Return to “CLOTHING”