Marushin MAR107 X-MOTO Matt Black

Does my ass look big in these?
Jelly

Marushin MAR107 X-MOTO Matt Black

Post by Jelly »

Has anyone ever tried one of these? 70 squids!!!

http://shop.georgewhite.co.uk/motorbike ... black.html
"The distant echo of faraway voices boarding far away trains,

To take them home to the ones that they love and who love them forever......."
Freeloadeur

Re: Marushin MAR107 X-MOTO Matt Black

Post by Freeloadeur »

I bought one a few weeks back, having read generally positive reviews on the web. Sure it's not the best in the world, but at the price you wouldn't expect it to be. I'm pleased with it though, despite a couple of short-comings. First thing, it only comes with the dark visor, so you'll have to buy a clear one, and the only place I could find one was Germany so had to add another £35 onto the price. Second is also to do with the visor, it's very stiff, and the tab on the left side seems to click into a slot locking it in place making it almost impossible to open on the move. Finally the matt finish seems to scratch very easily, and it's white underneath!!

That said, I'm glad I bought it, although since I've spotted the new dual-sport helmet from Spada which at £90-ish with a clear visor looks as good if not better value.

PS. If you get an insurance quote from Bikesure, they e-mail you a £10-off code for George White.
Happiness has 125cc ...
Jelly

Post by Jelly »

Nice one FL, I've also been looking at the spada sting and with what you have posted I think I'll stick to that.
"The distant echo of faraway voices boarding far away trains,

To take them home to the ones that they love and who love them forever......."
jasext

Post by jasext »

I have had two of these ,probably the best made out the cheaper brands .the only reason i did'nt buy another was i could find any for sale at the time .

I had a nasty accident 2 years ago with a road rage van driver ,resulted in me being thrown off the bike at 50mph on the motorway ,the helmet saved my life also the medics were supprised i was'nt knocked out with the impact .

They were distibuted by Frank Thomas so you may find spares quite easily in the uk

I would check the visor mechanism on other brands like HJC ,Airoh and alike as they are plastic teeth and wear very easily .

Another one i would recommend is the Nitro mx450

Return to “CLOTHING”