New textile pants

Does my ass look big in these?
Nixy

New textile pants

Post by Nixy »

Time to buy some new waterproof textile pants. Was looking at Rukka but can't justify the cost for the time I use them.I usually do a two week European tour annually. I have been looking at Halvarssons Prince pants. Quite like them as they also do a short leg option.
Has anyone any views on these or any recommendations.
vRSG60

Re: New textile pants

Post by vRSG60 »

Don't know what size you want but Klim Latitude for less than £200
Out On The Floor - Keep The Faith
OnHellas

Post by OnHellas »

But don't forget that UK purchased Gore-Tex Rukka clothing comes with a 6 year warranty.
Not cheap but good value.

And the Gore-Tex Pro Shell stuff really IS waterproof and the material doesn't soak up loads of water.

I have Klim Badlands stuff. Superb.
bigfoot

Post by bigfoot »

I've been impressed with my new Dainese Travel Guard Goretex trousers. Couldn't justify price of Klim etc.

£270 in UK but I Sourced the from Spain for £160
Bart1

Post by Bart1 »

With any of these pants do they have shin armour that goes down past the top of the boot as well as knee armour ?
al45200

Post by al45200 »

Don't buy nitro brand. Had a pair of these and they fell a part in weeks! They were cheap but I suppose you get what you pay for!
bigfoot

Post by bigfoot »

The Dainese travel guard knee / shin armour is long ang meets my boot. But would depend on height of your boots
Bart1

Post by Bart1 »

bigfoot wrote:The Dainese travel guard knee / shin armour is long ang meets my boot. But would depend on height of your boots
Thanks for that. After a ankle breakage earlier this year I'm reviewing all my riding gear, I've some Dainese leathers and they have excellent lower leg protection (wasn't wearing these at the time) but it seems many textile items just do the knee area so there may be a "protection gap" above the boot.
nuttynick

Post by nuttynick »

I got some Spada adventure trousers off eBay a few months back, complete with waterproof and thermal liners, brand new, for £65! Last years stock, and don't match my jacket, but so far I'm well impressed.
To give you an idea, I also own a two piece Rukka suit. The jacket zip/rubber seal split after 4 years. The importer took the jacket back, offered a loan jacket while it was fixed, and repaired it free of charge, without a quibble. Proper customer service ;-)

Return to “CLOTHING”