Underwear

Does my ass look big in these?
DaleC

Re: Underwear

Post by DaleC »

chico wrote:it gets pretty hot in Germany in summer....30 degs or more is common, and I know its a bit old fashioned but I like cotton T shirt and boxers, but I don't wear textile trousers in summer,(too clammy) Kevlar jeans are fine for me
+1 with cotton boxers, make sure that they are seamless. I probably should try something else to keep the boys a bit happier, but I have survived this long :silly:

My textile trousers are much cooler than my kevlar cargo trousers, possibly a result of the "coolmax" liner and venting? That said, I find the kevlar trousers warmer than normal jeans because of the kevlar lining.

For the top I use wicking, quick dry technical hiking style t-shirts.

In Morocco in high 30's, I soaked my riding jacket with water when riding near the middle of the day, it worked a treat. Got plenty of funny looks when doing it though :woohoo:
Keyboard Adventurer! :D
ynotbiker

Post by ynotbiker »

I take swim shorts used as undies also 3 pairs for 3 weeks I do wash them also :whistle:
Agent Orange

Post by Agent Orange »

Helly Hanson leggings is what I use no pants just the leggings. They keeps you cool and warm if needs be. End of day jump in shower use leggings as a flannel type thing. Get em covered in shower gel rinse and they'll be dry by morning. Pants and boxers are the main cause for a sore arse on a bike as they crease and dig in to your skin. And voila sore arse.
Peirre

Post by Peirre »

Oop North John wrote:These work well at keeping your temperature down:

http://www.techniche-intl.com/catalogus ... oling.html.
In hindsight I should have bough the longer sleeve version instead of the sleeveless one that I have.
The vest served me well June / July 14 while down in granada / Seville where temps where hitting the mid 40's.
But there where moments when there may have been a little too much water and it was dripping down the crack of my arse. But it's better to have the maximum amount of water soaked/dripping from it prior to setting off so that it prolongs the cooling effect. I did sometimes soak the vest then wrap it in a plastic bag and strap it on the back of the bike. Because it didn't look good if I happened to be wearing it & dripping water on the floor as I walked across the reception of the hotel
PaulinBont

Post by PaulinBont »

Merino wool leggings and top, jump in the shower wearing them when you stop for the night, soap up and that's you and your laundry done in one go!
fullerton

Post by fullerton »

horse hair wool shirt and leggings, temperature will be last thing you need worry about

steve
mharbon

Post by mharbon »

Go for Merino wool and avoid man made fibres cos they make you stink. I bought my merino wool tops from Aldi when they did a skiing special earlier this year. I am also investing in a pair of moto skiveez shorts. Off to Bavaria in three weeks and expecting it to be hot. Will be wearing a pair of light grey tuareg trousers and light grey BMW rally jacket with air vents.
Mike54

Post by Mike54 »

+ on merino / wicking. Cotton is a total no-no. One of the worst materials to keep you cool.
Redmurty

Post by Redmurty »

to help you keep cool in this weather wet a travel towel wrap it around your neck, I use marino pants but I have been using WAXX one's lately

cheers Spud ;)
Life... it's not a dress rehearsal

You don't waste time... you waste yourself
Jayrob

Post by Jayrob »

Helly Hanson gear ,hot or cold can`t beat it

Return to “CLOTHING”