Linings in or out

Does my ass look big in these?
D16PJM

Linings in or out

Post by D16PJM »

Just getting ready to go away for the weekend to rainy france, should I linings in or linings out and a fleece, it feels quite cold this evening.

Pete
KTMBLAG

Re: Linings in or out

Post by KTMBLAG »

I'm a vote for in
Wapping

Post by Wapping »

Prepare for the worst, expect the best.

If you take / wear your: Linings / fleece / wooly knickers / cardigan and whatever else you fancy, you can always take them off / out if you feel like it.

If you don't take / wear them, you won't be able to. It's that simple, my friend.

Take a decent sized plastic bag and cargo net it to your rear seat. Put the liners in it if you take them off....

Job done.

Have fun (thumbs)

PS If you still get cold. Stop in a supermarket and buy / steal a bin bag. Great insulation to stop windchill.
sprintster

Post by sprintster »

You would have to be travelling really light if you can't squeeze a lining in if it's not needed.Better to be able take layers off than to be cold!
tefflon

Post by tefflon »

Hi mate

I was out in the lakes last weekend traveling from Manchester with a mate it was sunny so left my liners out
What a big mistake by the end of the day I was so cold I wished I'd never gone out I will be takeing them next time for sure

Ta Steve
Allan F

Post by Allan F »

We have a saying in Scotland. (Never shed a cloot till Maiy is oot)
Linings in till June
Wapping

Post by Wapping »

It's Saturday morning.

It's not raining, at least not here in central London.

Enjoy your weekend away and let us know how you get on.... Pictures are a must (thumbs)
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

We're stopping in Caen and for most of yesterday it stayed between 10-12c so I'd say lining in. We rode about 120 miles yesterday and I had my heater grips on all the time B)
Wapping

Post by Wapping »

The first thing I do when buying any new textile suit, is to take the linings out of the jacket and trousers. They never go back in.

Better perhaps to layer-up properly beneath an unlined suit, rather than rely on what is a manufacturer's idea of how much lining you might need on any one day. It cuts down on the bulk, too. What's best for the layers? Kit that can double up when you are off your bike, a fleece for instance. Merino wool garments are excellent too; not always cheap but it will last for years with care. Even a simple EDZ 'shell' (the 21st century's answer to the bin bag) will do, not least as it takes up no space.

For the ultimate in dedicated warmth, you really cannot beat electrically heated liners. Something from Powerlet or Wam'n'Safe, with their remote controllers, is excellent. If anyone does a lot of touring miles or really is a hardcore 'All year round' merchant, the kit will pay for itself, no question.
Diesel Pete

Post by Diesel Pete »

Wapping wrote:The first thing I do when buying any new textile suit, is to take the linings out of the jacket and trousers. They never go back in.
Same here.

My preference is North Face long sleeve T shirt and a thin fleece carried with me. I usually use Endura mountain bike tops as they are thin, comfortable and warm as well as being cut longer at the back for sitting.

I have never had a problem with being too cold with those and I usually wear an old Heine Gericke jacket as my Halverrsons jacket is too warm.

Mind you, I am a Geordie and we are famous for not having the sense to put a coat on ahem I mean we are all well tough up here :whistle:

Return to “CLOTHING”