New RST adventure Clothing

Does my ass look big in these?
Sertao

New RST adventure Clothing

Post by Sertao »

Hi Folks I have recently been looking at the new RST adventure Jacket & Trousers they look good value for money. Better than splashing out on BMW gear.

Anyone used this RST adventure gear? All feedback welcome
Mac 60

Re: New RST adventure Clothing

Post by Mac 60 »

DL000031_2015-03-29.jpg
DL000031_2015-03-29.jpg (57.47 KiB) Viewed 889 times
Yep, i bought the MK1 jacket with the zip off sleves a few years back and the mk2 trousers last year. Ive worn it in France and Spain and torrential rain in Scotland and had no issues. Lots of vents for cooling and it hasent let any rain in yet.Goodenough for me.
wheelbothends

Post by wheelbothends »

Yes I have the "Adventure" suit which I bought on trust from a local Yam dealer. He really rated RST stuff and suggested looking in that direction after a conversation about the sheer cost of other clothing makers' prices.
Sure enough it worked really well and covered all the temperatures from Anchorage to Ushuaia! What's more it compared very well with my mates ££££ Stadler outfit which was certainly no better.
Just one thing though, like many who wear this kind of jacket - I find it's easier to have an unlined waterproof top layer to whip on quickly over the top rather all the faffing about required taking the jacket off and put waterproof layer on when the rain suddenly comes on.
Mine is the earlier version in the dark colourway, the only difference being the added neck muff on the newer jacket.
In a line: Well made and wont fall apart, compares well to the majority of others available.
Attachments
rst.JPG
rst.JPG (26.05 KiB) Viewed 889 times
special one

Post by special one »

I've got the rst adventure 2 twat suit, great bit of kit, bought it to use in Spain last year, with all the air vents it was brilliant to wear.
Current bikes...

2003 KTM 950 adventure in silvery blue...

2013 KTM 450 exc-f in orange /white

2007 Scorpa SY250 trials in blue.
nug800

Post by nug800 »

Good comfy suit. Mine is the first edition which I found a little hot in 40 degree temperatures as the leg vents are not very effective. Not the warmest in winter either but Then I never expected to use it in the snow & ice. Definitely waterproof (thumbs)
Good value for money in my book & if I wear this one out I will buy the new version.
Dazzer

Post by Dazzer »

I got a RST Adventure suit to use and thats the reason why I sold my Klim Kit.

It's a very well thought out suit that can be used all year and come's at a very good price.

If you want one of the New RST Adventure suit's and know your size ring me on 01535 606311 between 9 and 5pm and I will sort you out a great deal and even post it free of charge .

(thumbs)
Diesel Pete

Post by Diesel Pete »

I got the RST pants, The seam on the inside of one of the legs came away very soon after purchase and after inspection it turned out they had never been sewn, the machinist had effectively just missed the seam. A local seamstress sorted it for £5 and they have been fine since. I did mention this to the shop I had bought them from and they did say they would have been changed without argument if I could produce the receipt.... which I of course had misplaced :S

I have had mine for three years and done many many miles and quite a few countries in a wide range of temperatures in them. They are very comfortable, I have never had an issue with cold and have only ever used a pair of silk thermal leggings under them. I tend to fit the waterproof liners when winter starts and leave them in until spring.

The waterproof liner does what it is supposed too but remove it for anywhere warm as you will sweat like a pig. The pants are showerproof without the liner even after a couple of washes although they do now leak quickly around the crotch so I carry a pair of lightweight over trousers in summer or when travelling somewhere hot.

As mentioned earlier the vents aren't brilliant but they are better than nothing and I wasn't too uncomfortable riding in 40 degree plus temperatures last year.

For the money you won't do better and I assume my stitching issue was a one off as I haven't heard any other reports.

I would but another pair without hesitation. (thumbs)

I don't have the jacket just because I don't like wearing a suit of matching gear for no reason whatsoever other than thats me :silly:
ZX Raziel

Post by ZX Raziel »

I have the adventure 2 updatet set , only use it in winter as it is too hot for the warmer months , and i find it too much hassle to change the liners , also if you pull everything out it will suddenly become too big and bagy as there is a lot of insulation in there so it basicaly changes its size when you remove everything , good kit for the money solid quality , only issue i had was the size of the trousers as i am always in between two sizes i had a choice to go too tight fit or loose fit so i went for the loose fit , but that is just me and the shape of my body :(
jonny675

Post by jonny675 »

All my kit is RST,textiles and leather,crashed my bike in textile Jacket,only damage was stitching burst on sleeve this was the first layer of stitching and slightly melted shoulder nothing came away did its job for me,I trust there gear first hand.
Sertao

Post by Sertao »

Thanks everyone for good advice I'm now proud owner of RST adventure 2 suit. Silver/black. It is as good as you all say. Not too heavy. I have a trip to Scotland in May so looking forward to putting it through its paces. I also treated myself to a Vango Omega 250 after the good reviews on here.

Return to “CLOTHING”