Steaming up

Does my ass look big in these?
Alphadog43

Steaming up

Post by Alphadog43 »

I'm having real problems with my visor steaming up at the moment, it's never been a problem before but on the last few rides it's been a real pain. I have a pin lock insert on the visor but this only seems to work for about 10 minutes

Does any one else have the same problem or any solutions ?
RandG

Re: Steaming up

Post by RandG »

You're aware the pinlock has small cams on it yeah ?
Alphadog43

Post by Alphadog43 »

I don't reall know how they work but I popped in to Streetbike today (in Halesowen) where I bought the helmet from and they spent about half an hour cleaning the visors and adjusting the pinlock with some tool so I guess these are the cams.

They gave me their time and have offered a free service on the helmet when I am ready so I can't fau there customer service but I still steamed up on the way home.

I'm a bit baffled because I have been riding since the 70s and it has never been a problem before, just rode with the visor slightly open and it always cleared. A mate of mine is also having the same problem with his shoie and an even bigger problem with his glasses!

I'm thinking maybe remove the pinlock and try an anti fog spray or even fairy liquid which always worked when I used to dive.

I just wondered if any body had recommendations for products that work
RandG

Post by RandG »

Just take the car at this time of year then :lol:
Paul-S

Post by Paul-S »

If they have adjusted it the pinlock should seal all the way round

If you open the visor (especially if there is an opening assistance lip on one side of the visor) and the visor bends the seal can break and this sometimes happens in cooler weather hence the misting up because you now have a small gap

The seal is only a tack contact

Happens to me on my Arai TourX

I just move the pinlock inside until the seal is in contact again all round

Hope this helps
ivor

Post by ivor »

I had the same problem, then I twigged it was my spectacles misting up, not the pinlock !
ZX Raziel

Post by ZX Raziel »

I steam up all the time , when it gets cold , really hate it , are those antimist sprays any good ?
Mike101

Post by Mike101 »

A pin lock should not most up if seated correctly. It only takes a tiny bit to be out and it will steam up.

Mike
And the beast shall be huge and black, and the eyes thereof red with the blood of living creatures, and the whore of Babylon shall ride forth on a three-headed serpent, and throughout the lands, there'll be a great rubbing of parts
Boo Cock

Post by Boo Cock »

Try a fog city. It's a double glazing for helmets. Simple yet effective.
sprintster

Post by sprintster »

+1 for Fogcity.Pinlocks work ok for a while but they seem to go out of shape until no amount of adjustment will sort it.

Return to “CLOTHING”