neoprene trail riding gloves?

Does my ass look big in these?
byewayrider

neoprene trail riding gloves?

Post by byewayrider »

hi guys...

anyone use the noeprene gloves for trail riding over the wet months...looking for something to keep the hands warm ..not to thick...

heated grips just broke..but have handgurds..

thinking of the diving or sailing gloves...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/26115306 ... 80&ff14=95

I know they aint waterproof but act like a wet suit so the water heats up under the gloves..

ive gortex gloves for the two/from trails but they are too bulky/hot when riding due to hard work on trails..

or maybe the cycling sealskinz ?

real use reports please folks (thumbs)
Solo ktm690 euro trail rider
MarkN

Re: neoprene trail riding gloves?

Post by MarkN »

As a diver, I use the 5mm version of these during the winter for diving in the UK.
http://www.dirdirect.com/Scubapro-K-Grip-Gloves.html

They are thick but allow enough movement to be able to tie line etc

If I was you, for riding I'd use the 3mm version to allow a bit more freedom of movement while holding the handlebars etc.

By the way, a wetsuit works by being tight and not allowing water into the suit, it provides a protective layer. It's a myth that the water inside warms up and keeps you warm. If water gets into your wetsuit, it can get out and this flushing will make you cold. ;)
Gedge

Post by Gedge »

I bought a cheap pair of fishermans neoprene gloves from Aldi for under a fiver..I use them when its really wet and they do a good job ...they have flip back fingertip for forefinger which is a little annoying ........but for the money worth chucking in your tailpack
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

If it's really wet I use sealskinz for trail riding because they're not bad for protection, they're warm and I can get them on and off when they're wet without having any lining making life difficult.
Homer

Post by Homer »

Nice idea, at least it was when I had that idea 8:30 this morning.
So we headed out on the lanes around Thetford today, nice n dry and sunny, Oops that's a lie it was kin freezing or At least my hands were. Got drenched hands every few second from the vast amount of puddles and the cold n windy conditions just froze me fingers. Great Fun though :-)
byewayrider

Post by byewayrider »

cheers guys/..

AndyB- which sealskinz do you use? they sell so damn many types cycle and motorbike..enduro gloves are normally short ie no cuffs :cheer:

Hommer- was that with neoprene gloves and where they a tight fit? wet cold hands in winter is no fun..concentration waynes then you crash :woohoo: ..

thanks markN for the info on how the neoprene stuff works..
Solo ktm690 euro trail rider
sohoeasy

Post by sohoeasy »

XL marigolds over Alpine Stars air carbon mx gloves works for me. (pink or yellow,don't care :laugh: )
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

byewayrider wrote:cheers guys/..

AndyB- which sealskinz do you use? they sell so damn many types cycle and motorbike..enduro gloves are normally short ie no cuffs :cheer:
I use the ultragrip ones which retail at between £25 - £30 depending on where you get them and how much postage you pay.

I don't worry about buying motorbike specific ones and neoprene is pretty resilient unless you go gravel surfing at speed or punch a rock :pinch:
mancunian

Post by mancunian »

I use neoprene sailing gloves (leather palm) superb kit are not waterproof but keep warm even when wet
http://www.ewetsuits.com/acatalog/winte ... loves.html
£11.50 best wet trail riding gloves I have ever used in twenty years of trying most :)
JiMcI

Post by JiMcI »

I have a pair of Scott Enduro gloves that are neoprene. I've had them a few years now and they are really good the problem is they are fine off road muck etc, if you come off not much friction and hold up well. but I wouldn't like to come off on tarmac etc don't think the would offer much protection.

Cheers Jim....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Scott-Neo ... 35d1d3fa8f

Return to “CLOTHING”